PDA

View Full Version : setting scripted ui controller via script?

shalabology
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
ok in morph based facial rigging we set up shapes to control the morphs , i saw in many reels that they make this controls apear in a separate floating ui rather than being in the view port which is much less occluding and feasible during work , i wiped the help but ddidnt get wahat i needed so how to do this?
N.B:to get the point you can watch "victor vinyals" reel business man rigging done in maya and see the floating ui

i am eager to know

shalabology
04-30-2008, 09:40 PM
er... is my question obsecure or repeated?

thatoneguy
04-30-2008, 11:29 PM
You can do everything in the reel through a Rollout and Dialog except for the 2d pos markers. Only 1D Sliders are possible using MXS objects--which is annoying and stupid.

This is why most Max Facial rigs interfaces I've seen use scripted shapes in a viewport.

labbejason
05-01-2008, 12:07 AM
You would have to script your own custom sliders. Check out this thread.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=98&t=568496&page=3&highlight=dialog+interface

shalabology
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM
labbejason thank you for the subject link ithink i am getting what i want ,i will see how far it would get me ! thank you very much

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.