PDA

View Full Version : my new tepmlate!!

joy1856
05-14-2003, 10:10 PM
This is a simple template done in Photoshop. I am gonna use flash to do the site. Basically, this is gonna be my personal site…hope you all like it,,,if you guys have any advice let me know!!!
Check the template (http://www.geocities.com/joy1856/) :)

bumskee
05-14-2003, 11:10 PM
hello,

:beer: great template, i love it!
really neat overall, so u are going flash for this huh?? good choice!

ok, few things, i thought the menus were a bit hard to read, could just be me, co zi just woke up,:surprised not that i didn't know it was there! the alien head, i forgot what font that was, i think you should place something more that screams it's YOU! unless you are an alien.:surprised

i think the icons for the menus are really sleeeek, and even though i said few lil things ur template looks really solid. i guess it all depends on how you flash it now.

:beer:

singularity2006
05-14-2003, 11:48 PM
that is absolutely gorgeous... i luv it... the only draw back I would like to point out, which applies to everything done in flash, is the lack of scalability in terms of text size. I am not sure if anyone has developed a fix for it, but it seems quite irritating to be looking @ a site done totally in flash under a 640x480 resolution whereas I'm viewing it on a 1600 by something and the font size is still .... 12pt... for a 640... so it looks even tinier for me. Similarly, it looks somewhat odd to have a lot of blank space when the entire navigation space is confined within a given area... What I like to see often is flash integrated such that it runs off past the edges of the screen .... so in that sense, you would have a design that really ecompasses everything without the somewhat enclosed confines of a set design space ...

but as for regular people, the average joe user that uses no resolution greater than 1024, this is a GREAT layout.... i lurve the colors..... :cool:

singularity2006
05-14-2003, 11:49 PM
oh btw, just a note ... I am running 800 x 600 resolution here @ the moment but ur site seems to run well off onto the side ... I hope this isn't scaled to 100%.

and the alien logo... alienware might be mad. But I think that's their problem until u start pulling away more traffic than they are. :beer:

pica$$0
05-15-2003, 04:45 AM
Great template I like the color scheme and the choice of graphics.

Shourai
05-15-2003, 06:06 AM
Excellent job :bounce: I like the scheme one crit though, Gallery is spelled wrong you have it as Gallary. Great job and I hope that it turns out great :thumbsup:

Ian Jones
05-15-2003, 09:55 AM
Nice...! My only gripe is that the special font is not the most readable. Not a huge problem... just something to mabe improve further.

KINGOFPAIN
05-17-2003, 11:12 PM
verry clean... verry pro! nice work
:thumbsup:

mage111
05-26-2003, 06:45 AM
my only critism to this site is.

you have such a beautiful site, and everything just blends into one gorgeous layout.

however, the splash page does not compliment that beauty, it looks very 3d, umm, CG, sharp. its a really nice graphic, but it doesnt compliment whats past the link.

i think the sites great, but you may want to think about bringning a new image in for a splash, something that will give the user an indication of what to expect.

actaully 2 more things:

1) minor: if you do continue to use the splash page, make the splash able to resize smaller and smaller, i see your leftside has a graphic where it could actaully be repeating, you could probably remove that, use a background image that repeats.

2) the popup window should be centered, well it doesnt have to be but as a personal preference i prefer it in the middle, you can find some simple javascripts to help you in that area.

GL with the site, post any updates :-)

joy1856
05-26-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys for ur comment, I really appreciate…sorry for late reply…..”bumskee” I am not an alien.. I couldn’t find anything that represents me. If I find anything later I will update okie;). The font I used for alien head is “Alienator”. “mage111” I will try my best to make the site more interesting…I will lets u guys know when I finished my site. Thanks again guys. Take care!!!:applause:

recycleBin
05-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Very nice template, well done...

joy1856
05-30-2003, 03:31 AM
thanks "recycleBin" for ur comments"":applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.