PDA

View Full Version : Ya Like RPG Games? Well heres your chance to help make one!

Razor Blade
05-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey Guys. I guess this is my first post here. Hello to all. Okay here it goes. Me and some other people are going to make a game! :eek: Its going to be a futuristic RPG Game. Kinda Like a cross between the matrix and final fantasy. Its really cool. We have a character concept artist (me) A story writer, a game programmer - But still looking for more experienced one ... :shrug: Well we have all the things needed to make a game except a person to make models for in the game and maybe even CG Cutscenes. Of course there is no pay because well whos not cheap now a days. Its just a really cool, fun project that I think is really awsome! Please if your interested post or e mail me jordon_hall@hotmail.com

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

Razor Blade
05-20-2003, 02:58 AM
Doesnt anyone wanna join!?

chips__
05-20-2003, 03:15 PM
i'd like to hear more..... :D

Dancing Monkey
05-25-2003, 04:26 AM
Do you guys have any experience or any skills whatsoever?

chips__
05-26-2003, 09:19 AM
i have a couple of years experience in the post production world... not much in games though

Brassfire
05-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Which engine are you using, or are you hoping to code that yourself too? (If you make your on engine, add two years to the dev time unless the coder's a genius and extremely dedicated.)

What format do you want the art in, what feel is the mood of the game?

You didn't say anything about music, or about the beginnings of the plot. Who do you play? What perspective is it?

Are you aware that it can take up to 6 years to create a good LARGE game on a volunteer basis? It's not enough to have a cool idea, you have to follow through on that idea no matter what gets in the way, and technology will also change as you're working on it... also, every student disappears around exam time and in the summer, no matter what they say.

Have you made any other games before, or are you splitting development into manageable tiny parts?

Have you signed up at gamasutra and read a ton of their articles?

Good luck and remember to have fun!

Ian Kington
05-30-2003, 04:41 AM
Sounds cool, however, i must agree with brassfire, let me know if you want help, i HAVE a couple of years 3d experience, games included. My email is enterthefixxxer@hotmail.com. send us a line, sounds cool:beer:

Jynks
11-06-2004, 12:27 AM
if you are going to get help you should try to generat some more intrest.. post some of your consept sketches, mabey post a small description or somthing.. have a look at RPG sitres in development and see how they talk about it....

SkyLimits
03-27-2005, 09:59 PM
If, by any chance, an experienced RPG programmer happens to come across this thread, I would like for them to email me that includes:

(1) their preffered programming system
(2) where I might be able to get it(also, how much it might cost)
(3) a short demo of any game that includes graphics, speech translation, battles, and any other thing that might give me a clue how effecient their program works
(4) how many frames the characters allowed to move in(example: in games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy V, the characters are only allowed 3 frames: the stationary frame, the left step frame and the right step frame) and the size of the character's frames
(5) What music and sound files are eligible to be played during game test plays
(6) Any other information that could allow me to understand whether or not the program is, in fact, what I need.

Incase you haven't picked up already, SkyLimits productions is not needing a new programmer, simply a stronger software.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2005, 09:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.