View Full Version : template creation
04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
I wonder if someone could inform me how I can add a new template to my Painter settings. I can't seem to find any reference to this. I'd like to be able to select a specific template when I open Painter in the Welcome screen. Sorry if this is too noob a question.
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
1. Open a new Canvas using whatever dimensions and Resolution (PPI, or pixels per inch) you want, for instance:
800 x 800 pixels, 300 ppi
2. Use File > Save As to save the file in Painter's native RIFF format, and navigate to the following Painter X application/program folder:
Mac - Applications > Corel Painter X > Support Files > Templates
Windows - Program Files > Corel > Corel Painter X > Support Files > Templates
3. Name the file so you'll know which template it is, for instance:
4. Click the Save button.
5. In Painter X, close the Canvas you just saved as a template.
6. Use Help > Welcome to open the Welcome Screen.
7. On the first tab, right page, click the small triangle to the right of Document Templates to open the drop down menu and you should see your template.
8. Click the template name. The Welcome screen will close automatically and your template will open on the Painter X screen with the file name displayed at the top, Untitled-1 (or the next available number if you already have an untitled Canvas open on the screen).
05-01-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm using Vista Premium and like in many cases..It tells me I dont have permission to save to that folder. In other cases, Ive had to save the file elsewhere..Then cut and paste it into the location. Any quicker work-arounds for this?
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Sorry, I don't use Vista and can only guess you must need to have Administrator privileges. Is it your computer? If so, maybe someone can tell you how to set it up so you do have Admininstrator privileges.
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.