PDA

View Full Version : Combustion 3.0

andre_alder
05-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Is that true that Combustion 3.0 will be release with a lot of features from 5D Cyborg???

Hey, amazing news!!!!!!!!:beer:

later
AD

GrantKay
05-15-2003, 01:39 PM
Hi,

Please stop spreading rumors like this.

No information has been released by us and this is all speculation by anxious users like yourself.

Please be patient.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

andre_alder
05-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey Grant,

I am not spreading rumors..........
I am asking......

Iīve read something about 5D and Combustion in another foruns. Cīmon, this speculation has begun since Discreet purchase 5D. A lot of users are talking about new combustion...

Sorry, if I spread rumor.... This not my intention.........

AD

andre_alder
05-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Hey Grant,

Look at creativecow.net. The following subject: discreet and 5d?! by filip on May 14, 2003 at 10:02 gmt

I just would like to know if this kind of information about 5D and Combustion is true.........

Regards

xmb
05-16-2003, 10:14 AM
i would love to see technology from 5d in new combustion release.
since cyborg was so amazing and fast it would be disappointing if discreet wouldnt take the chance to implement that and enhance their technology in combustion.

its disappointing anyway, that discreet stopped the toxik/strata/mezzo project. we're all waiting for a highend pc solution with independend hardware (no specific boards, etc required like avid-ds, etc).

GrantKay
05-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Hi,

It is true that we did purchase some of the assets of 5D including Cyborg. This was actually a while ago and it was announced officially.

I couldn't say what happened to the technology because I am not part of the development team.

As for what the future holds for combustion, I am part of the discreet sales force and I have to focus on what I have now. Combustion 2.1.1.

It would be unethical for me to try speak about something I do not know or try to speculate about what is coming. If I did, it would cause wide spread rumors and potential false hopes. I am already squashing enough rumors about discreet and combustion. I certainly don't need any more.

What I will say to everyone is to sit patiently and things will happen as they always have.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

Goran_r
05-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Acting rude at every time users start to "speculate" about anything concidering future of discreet or their products obviously is becoming part of discreets politics (even after you promissed on flame-news that you will never treat us like this again). Acting nervouse in public won't help either of us, or stop rumors, just opposite. Othervise, you should change legal disclamers on your products, and prosecute us. Until that time - calm down please.

Regards

Goran

P.S.

Edit 6.5 users are world champions in false hopes. Siting and waiting didn't helped.

ostov
05-20-2003, 10:08 PM
hmm.... What is 5D Cyborg??? I never heard of it?

ostov

izzylong
05-20-2003, 10:22 PM
WOW!

I don't even USE Discreet products, and I gotta say that that was kinda rude... no matter the situation or stress level.

Is this the kind of thing I should regularly expect out of Discreet company representatives?

...or is this the bad apple syndrome?

GrantKay
05-20-2003, 11:53 PM
Hi,

If I was rude then I apologise for my behavior. Possibly I was misinterpreted here.

I am not under any strain or stress. I don't think it is bad apple syndrome since I am always out here helping people and trying to do my best to assist almost every day. Various people on this forum and loads of other forums can testify to this.

What I was stating in my last post is the fact that we have purchased 5D assets and I do not know who has happened to the technology.

Goran, I must state that I belong to the discreet software division and not the discreet system products. I have no involvement in flame-news. I do not know what was said or stated.

I can assure you that I am not nervous in public and I do not avoid anything. You can speculate as much as you want.

I ask everyone to be patient. This is nothing related to discreet, it's my personal nature. I apologise if this offends you.

Just a side note, I was also a power edit user before I joined discreet so I went through that situation as well.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Calm regards,
Grant

Discreet UK

Goran_r
05-21-2003, 10:39 AM
It was nothing personal Grant. There is no question about how valuable to Combustion community you are, and how great support (especially concidering system products) Discreet without any doubt, have.
But (of course), fact is that Discreet now owns 5D technology, and fact is that 5D Cyborg doesnt exsist any more. So, I would rather try to find out what exactly Discreet customers (especialy future customers) liked on Cyborg, and now expect to have integrated in Combustion or FFI.
Discussion, especialy with ex. Cyborg users can be of great help (in many acpects). Other way Discreet just leave users (especialy potential users) under impression that they "killed Cyborg" and air is clear now. And I am sure this is not a fact, not even close.
So, my reaction was pointed in this direction. Maybe I am wrong.

Regards

Goran

xmb
05-24-2003, 03:59 PM
we need combustion 3.0 for linux

pozdrav

Goran_r
05-25-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by xmb
we need combustion 3.0 for linux

pozdrav

Sure, especialy in light of "BURN", background rendering engine for FFI, which works under Linux. At other hand, I am not sure about AFX plugins compatibility, and drivers support for some OpenGl cards. But, Linux background rendering engines for FFI, Combustion and 3DS MAX, so they can share same rendering farm - sounds like a dream.

Pozdrav

Goran

xmb
05-27-2003, 09:49 PM
also cool would be to have some editing functions in c3, since there is no more edit.

dovidjena

todd4cgi
06-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Hmmm. I don't think Grant was rude at all.

Anyway, I'd like to say that I just recently bought the full version of Combustion 2.1, and I absolutely love it. I've used After Effects (Standard and Prod. Bundle), and I love C's interface and workflow so much more. I have had the same experience with 3dsmax 5.1 and other 3D apps.

I always look forward to upgrades. But, I have so much to learn as I am new to C. But, I love it so far.

Thanks for your presence, Grant. Having someone "from the company" in our midst is always a welcome sight.

Peace.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.