PDA

View Full Version : overlaying questions

Ion66
04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Ok..here's what I'm trying to do. I have a low res pic I took that Id like to work from other than cloning. Ive created a 24x36" new canvas @200 dpi. Ive resized the original image to 24x36". Ive tried various ways to cut and paste the 24x36 resized image onto my 24x36 canvas in a new layer, so I can trace the essentials and delete the photo, and work from the sketch and reference copy of the photo...Like I do traditionally. Every way I try and do this, the original, resized (supposedly) image pastes like its a tiny postage stamp in size. If Im pasting a 24x36 image onto a 24x36 canvas...whats the problem?? I figured Id have a pixilated, but traceable image to do some quick pen outlines over. Is the program lying to me when it says its resized? Im guessing that the low dpi of the photo is somehow responsible...but cant see why this would happen. Im trying to be logical about it..but its baffled me.

Jinbrown
04-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Ion66,

I think the problem is that your oriignal image is not set to the same dimensions in pixels and the same Resolution (PPI or pixels per inch) as the new Canvas.

See if this works for you:

1. Save your original image so if anything goes wrong you'll still have it intact.

2. With your original image active, use Canvas > Resize, uncheck the Constrain File Size box, and type 200 in the Resolution field (or type whatever number matches your new Canvas Resolution (PPI) and make sure the Width and Height in pixels match your new Canvas width and height in pixels.

3. Use Ctrl/Command+A to select the entire original image Canvas.

4. Use Ctrl/Command+C to copy the originall image.

5. Then go to your new Canvas and use Edit > Paste in Place.

Good luck!

#

Ion66
05-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Wherever you appear...You are wise and good. ;)

Jinbrown
05-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Ion66,

It occurred to me after posting responses to your questions here and there, you might feel I'm stalking you. ;)

It's true, I do appear more or less everywhere in the Corel Painter community, but only because it's my favorite program.

If "wise and good" means we got your problem solved, then thanks, and I'm happy for you.

If not, just thanks, and I'll try to live up to the "wise and good" part, then hope you find an answer.

#

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2008, 02:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.