PDA

View Full Version : Modo is Crashing my vidcard

RageOfAges
04-28-2008, 05:00 PM
I've been using modo for a couple years now...first on xp then on vista; most of that time was on a geforce 7600gs. A few months back I upgraded to an ati 3870 and kept using Modo (under vista x86) with no issues. about 2 or 3 weeks ago I did a system wipe and reinstall, upgrading to an x64 version of Vista, and now all of a sudden Modo especially, but prety much any kind of graphics ap...ie softimage, maya, even photoshop crashes after a little while. Modo wasn't so bad for a while, but as I was building up my scene, now it crashes within a couple minutes. I only have time to move a few verts and it seems my graphics drivers just konk out. I posted in this forum because I'm mainly using Modo, but if anyone has any idea what is going on, I'd love to hear your ideas.

My system.

Intel Pentium D duocore
ati 3870 HD
Dual monitor setup
Windows Vista x64

Daniel
04-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Very strange! I've use Modo on XP with a ati 2600pro and geforce 6600gt , no big problems at all.

Why not add a Bug Report at your Luxology.com User Account?

But it looks more a Driver Issue , already got the latest ati catalyst driver for Vista 64bit ?

RageOfAges
04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
well I didn't want to bother them with a bug report before asking for advice here, seeing as I'm prety sure it IS a driver related issue and is happening with other aps a little bit too. However I completely uninstalled and reinstalled 302 and it seems to be ok for now. Thanks for the reply, though. I guess I'll try reinstalling my other aps over time and maybe it'll work itself out.

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.