PDA

View Full Version : Arm/Hand RIg

DreiWetterTaft
05-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Hello

I have some problems with setting up a FK/IK Hand. I have to use a H-Anim skelleton, so there is only one joint for the forearm. Im looking for a solution where one Hand Control (Curve or Locator) drives the IK Handle (Transformations), also the rotations of the Hand and stays in the same orientation/direction as the forearm points to.
Is this possible?

Thanks for any help,
Best regards

dmcgrath
05-17-2003, 05:40 AM
I think I know what you mean. I have done something like this before. Using point constraints. Constrain the IK to the control object, for the translations. Then you can Orient constrain the control object to the arm end or the wrist, whatever you want. It should do what you want.

Let me know if this works for you.

TheWatchman
05-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Hello dmcgrath!

Thanks for your reply. I didn`t find a working solution for this problem. My workaround is to point-constrain the IK-Handle to my Hand-Locator (for IK) then i placed the selection handle of my wrist joint so that i can grab it easiely (for FK-rotation of the hand). It works good for me.

Best regards

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.