PDA

View Full Version : what brush?

lkalove54
04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey guys! How are you??

So.. I've finished my first human head with Maya, and now I'm gonna start texturing it.. but I've never done it before..

Could anyone help me here? How can I photoshop blending brush this work ?

Thanks!

i wonder this work
http://img.zc.bz/data/2008/04/28/nkq3.jpg

suztv
04-28-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you mean - you could use smudge, or just create an overlay layer and use dodge and burn tools to create the highlites and shadows. You really don't need a special brush - just the default soft ones with reduced opacity should do the trick.

leigh
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Paint with whichever brushes you're most comfortable with - there is no "recipe" for texture painting that works every time; you simply work with whatever you want to. The final result comes from your own skill, not the brushes you use. If you're having problems with blending and such in your painting, then I'd recommend you practice your painting techniques and try to improve your actual skill, rather than trying to find a magic brush that makes it all better.

I'd also recommend that unless you're specifically going for a handpainted, stylised look, you use photographs for texturing skin.

leigh
04-29-2008, 08:23 AM
I don't mean to sound rude, but if you re-post this thread one more time, you're going to be banned for spamming. There is absolutely no necessity whatsoever to keep posting it again and again in different forums.

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2008, 08:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.