PDA

View Full Version : Max pflow for maya

sachinjoshi
04-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Hi,

I have been using maya for few months. As I am from max background, Particles are lot easier with Pflow.
The Particle expressions in maya is driving me nuts and also sometimes consumes more time, while in max it is just the matter of click.
Is there any chance to get pflow in maya in future.
How can I integrate max particles with maya??
My Studio has adopted maya for the production and for vfx I used both maya and max. I need max particles that can be integrated in maya or any other techniques.

Don3Don
04-28-2008, 03:46 PM
That is really true, and u speak all the words from my heart...
ha..ha..

my past company have both max and maya VFX team..
but Max Team co-workers can always going home earilier..:curious: , they doing the shot in tunning process right away...

the only way to speed up in maya in FX is make ur own LIB, pull it out to reuse in future...
there is not button clicking effects in maya ,unless u've setup a effect system..
i don't count those 'make fire' effects....

I'm not a max's expert, but I rather have "Thinking Particles" for maya..
and "FumeFX" for maya would be really kick ass too..

sachinjoshi
04-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Ok, is there any way to export maya camera to max or vice versa. I need this technique very hard.
Now something pop up in mind, I can do Pflow quite well in max. My animators uses maya. I can take camera and objects in max and do the pflow. Do the seperate passes for the particles and objects. and do the compositions.
I can export the geometry but not camera.
any ideas to export camera to max will be helpful.

Thanks

cosm0naut
04-29-2008, 08:07 AM
try to export as fbx. this will also work with your camera, though your might have to adjust a value at your max camera afterwards.

Don3Don
04-30-2008, 05:13 AM
about ur original question. Export Max's particle to Maya...
I didn't really try that b4, but seems no direct way to do that...

but if u have realflow in ur company, that u can try export max's particle into realflow, and from reaflow export again to maya.
again.. I didn't try this either... but it may works.

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2008, 05:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.