PDA

View Full Version : selecting specific operators

pete
04-28-2008, 04:16 AM
Hi there,

I have a Bunch of objects with poly reduction operators on them and i was wondering if there's an easy way to select all of them at once? I have very limited scripting knowledge but I thought there might be a way that I could select all of a specific operator type through scripting.
Otherwise I'd have to go through and manually select them one by one.

Thanks
Pete

ThE_JacO
04-28-2008, 06:11 AM
select one of the ops, set the ppg to recycle, and then add to the selection the various objects, it should trap the same op of the same kind for all selected and allow multi edit.

pete
04-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Oh, that works fine for editing them but say if i wanted to delete all of a specific operator, wherever it appears in your scene? Is there a way to actually select the operators themself?

toonafish
04-28-2008, 07:58 AM
open the script editor, when you select one operator you can see the command in the history. Copy this command line to the script editor and change the object name with the wildcard symbol "*" .

when you now run the command it will select all the operators in the scene.

pete
04-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Ahh cool, thanks for that. :) Worked perfect.

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2008, 08:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.