PDA

View Full Version : Shave and a Haircut Question

T-R
04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi,
I was wondering when using curves to create hair, is there a way to have a variation on the ends of the curves so that the line is not so straight.http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3172/shavevj5.jpg

jaydru
04-26-2008, 06:18 PM
try adjusting the rand scale attribute in the shave node

CKPinson
04-26-2008, 09:20 PM
You should paste your Shave globals and attributes here so we can see what your settings are- But you'd control the curvature of the hari through your curve (guide curve) when you use curves. So it looks like your curve needs my cvs so I'd rebuild this curve (rebuild curve) and set it up to like 8 or more cvs to give more control then adjust the cvs- now the other settings are important to determine how many hairs you have, multi- settings, clump etc- Personally I use a combo of guide curves (Nurbs curves) and surface (center of Face) event hair systems. The curves will give you direct control and the surface hair will give you body and add to realism.

rockyj123
04-27-2008, 04:03 AM
a litle frizz will also help

T-R
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Ahh thank you all for all the help. The problem was the curve direction, so that along with the rand scale and frizz did the trick.
Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2008, 12:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.