PDA

View Full Version : From Dark to Light ..

Robat
04-26-2008, 11:55 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/87174_1209207322/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/87174_1209207322/1024bound)I was trying to bring the dangerous animal from the dark to light to tell every one that we can escape from the dark just if we want ..

skAt3f0r71f3
04-26-2008, 05:33 PM
pretty kewl!
the best so far!:p

phoenix1
04-27-2008, 03:46 AM
Nice start robat ,like your idea .. glade to see you here my friend

keep working :)

regards

Samione
04-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Not bad, my critique would be;

Too much empty space, more like a peice of 'art' than design - design is about communication of information, and there's no text in yours, altought this seems to be the same for everyone's so far.

No real balance, the 'design' is totally orientated around the tiger and as such it makes it look unfinished.

Colours aren't bad, but they're not very imaginitive either, neither are the shapes/brushes you used in the background, they have a very generic feel to them, almost like they were downloaded straight off someones deviantart. I'm not saying you stole anything, just that they have a very generic feel to them.

Robat
04-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Samione : Thanks my friend i'll keep all your C&C in my mind ..

Anyway i was warming up i'll post another design as soon as possible ..:)

caffeinedealer
04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
i think that the concept is fine but you should try to develop this even further by elaborating on that emotion itself.

the tiger is too literal and you should ask yourself why you chose the tiger to dwell in this "darkness'. I think it would be stronger if you showed how this "darkness" corrupts the tiger and how the "light" can heal it.

in other words...
integrate the tiger and you can even make it abstracted. build around that core and stay away from the cliche of good/evil. but more of change...as you described.

Robat
05-01-2008, 06:08 AM
Caffeinedealer : Thanks a lot .. I got what you mean and i'm so happy that you share me..

ccoyle
05-02-2008, 08:55 PM
First off , I really like your concept. And I also like the cloud effects. nice.

However, I feel like there is too much empty space and the graphic elements don't make much sense to me. Like the target shapes, maybe they are just the shapes added with no significance or maybe they mean something that I'm not understanding. And if that was the case, there is a target in the dark and in the light. That tiger's not safe anywhere...:)

o.k., no more stupid jokes.

I do like the lines around the tiger in the left, but they draw my attention out of the picture instead of into the light. Just a suggestion, maybe have them continue into the light (more obviously) and flow in different directions to create some extra visual excitement and convey a message about the journey. The lines you have now that are flowing through the center aren't really as exciting, but maybe if they were more secondary in the design. Like more transparent and i got to see more of the earth and the colors of a sunrise in the clouds. Afterall, the light should be magnificent in contrast to the darker place the tiger is escaping from.

but anyway, yeah, just a couple of suggestions. good luck!

EdP-Art
05-05-2008, 11:39 AM
The feeling I get looking at the image is that the tiger is coming from the dark to the light. I don’t associate myself with the tiger or the darkness. You may need to add something like a human face or eyes so that it conveys that the tiger represents a human fear as opposed to just the animal itself.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

*Ed P

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2008, 11:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.