PDA

View Full Version : Help with modifying rig

isamuraiqat
04-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Hello there riggers!

I am facing a problem which might cost me 2 months of work! and i would really appreciate any help

well pretty simple, i have a charcters, rigged with bones, the face has bones for the jaw and tongue, and the facial is driven by clusters

the problem is, i figured after animating it, that i need to resize the head, make it smaller, and now im screwed, i tried to add a lattice above all, resize it, and pull it down, but the head is then offset from the body upon rotation,

I need a solution people! somehow to go around it, i have gone through a whole lot animating, and i cant lose it all,

thanks a lot

Isam

visualfx
04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
If you have added the lattice as the final affecting deformer, just parent the lattice and lattice base objects to your head control.
Also, if there is a chance of any part of the head being deforrmed past the boundary of your lattice, make sure you adjust the lattice falloff settings or make the lattice big enough so this wont happen...

good luck!

isamuraiqat
04-25-2008, 10:42 PM
thanks you so much for the insanely quick reply!

i should have guessed that! excuse me for my naiveness!

Cheers bro

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2008, 10:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.