PDA

View Full Version : Muhair in XSI... howto?

John Keates
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi there,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have done a search but couldn't find a answer...

I have installed the Muhair shader into XSI 6.5 as an add on. If I go into "uninstall..." then I can see it there with syflex. However, I am not sure how to use it. I can't find it in the material manager anywhere.

Hirazi
04-25-2008, 05:44 PM
In the so-called "Plug-in Tree", part of the "Plug-in Manager", locate the SPDL "Right-click (...) and choose Regenerate Preset". Another option would be: "Right-click the SPDL file and choose Browse Preset Directory to open an XSI browser (...)" and drag and drop from there...

All of this and more, well hidden away in the "Customization > Sharing and Managing Customizations" part of the manual.

Gene Williams
04-25-2008, 05:48 PM
With the hair guides selected press 7 for the render tree, that will expose the Hair_Renderer.
Then go to nodes/hair and select more, in the add-ons paths should be Muhhair which you can then use to replace the Hair_Renderer node. Least that is how mine is set up, hope that helps.

Gene

John Keates
04-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi there.

I tried going nodes->Hair->More... before but I looked again. I found sib_hair which is different from the standard and geometry shaders. I'm not sure if this is muHair though...

Hirazi, I will look into your suggestion also.

Thanks for the help guys.

tc
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
if you installed in the user folder (must be if you drag&drop to XSI), it should be inside "Data/DSPresets/Shaders" in the user folder.
Something like this:
C:\users\Administrator\Softimage\XSI_6.5\Data\DSPresets\Shaders\Material

The easy way to find addons is in the browser you click "paths". It always list all addons installed, and there you pick the muhHair.
the preset is always inside DSPresets of the addon, the muhHair link in the "paths" should bring you directly there.

take a look in the attached image.

CGTalk Moderation
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.