PDA

View Full Version : new Dark Knight poster

danharing
04-25-2008, 03:09 AM
It's pretty amazing.

http://cinemagaslight.com/2008/04/24/new-dark-knight-poster/

Geta-Ve
04-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Erase batman from that poster and I would agree it is really sweet.

visionmaster2
04-25-2008, 03:19 AM
i am agree with Geta-Ve. it would be more powerfull without him and his strange head/light pose.

jackburton
04-25-2008, 03:53 AM
That poster rocks. Maybe it would've been better without bats, maybe there'd be too much negative space. I think it looks awesome just the way it is really, the debris and sparks at the bottom are a nice touch. I dig how the batsuit looks pseudo-purposeful and downplays the cape. This movie's gonna kick so much ass.

blenderhead
04-25-2008, 03:57 AM
Yeah, not as moody as usual, but still good. I think the new bat-suit is a bit 'busy' looking. Still foaming at the mouth for this movie.

mummey
04-25-2008, 06:23 AM
If I learned anything from the machinist, its that if Christopher Nolan asked Christian Bale to become as "buff" as he appears in that suit, Bale would find a way...

As for the poster, yeah not as mysterious. If you've been keeping up with all the "viral" stuff though, this kind of falls along the lines of where that is atm.

blenderhead
04-25-2008, 06:47 AM
If I learned anything from the machinist, its that if Christopher Nolan asked Christian Bale to become as "buff" as he appears in that suit, Bale would find a way...

Yeah I heard they had to shoot Rescue Dawn in reverse order, so he went from emaciated at the start of the shoot to putting on weight and muscle for batman by the end of the shoot.

Phrenzy84
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
on the DVD of "Begins" Nolan asked him to put as much weight on as possible, and then Bale comes in looking like a bear. So when everyone freaked out, they started to "tone" him, make him work out his muscles etc, Nolan said he asked the costume designers that Bale would be a certain size and weight and they roled their eyes, because so many actors/actresses say they will lose a little weight for a role and they rarely do, but Bale came back in more toned, though if you look at some of the on set footage when bale is doing the fight scene with he teachers, he does look a little "bear-like".

I remember Bale, said the crew (which were mostly english), said "What the hell chris, i thought we were doing Batman not Fatman".

Good DVD :).

DeVangiel
04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Fire hot....

I love the contrast between the fire and the overall tone of the scene. Great use of color complimentaries. Fire is always hot, especially in the form of the bat symbol. (bad pun intended)

mosconariz
04-26-2008, 01:59 AM
why did batman destroyed this building or what's happening? it is a joke?:p

madheavy
04-26-2008, 04:14 AM
Uhh...what happened to Batman's costume? Now it looks all engraved and embossed. What was wrong with the one in Batman Begins? I hope this isn't going to be the same as before. Each movie a "new car" and "new outfit." If they do, the franchise will die out very soon.

deli-rium
04-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Uhh...what happened to Batman's costume? Now it looks all engraved and embossed. What was wrong with the one in Batman Begins? I hope this isn't going to be the same as before. Each movie a "new car" and "new outfit." If they do, the franchise will die out very soon.

The costume was changed due the fact that actor couldn't turn or even move his hear around properly. So, what you could see from the first Burton to last Nolan films is batman turning whole body around instead his head only. The same apllies to looking up. Keaton was doing pretty funny stunts to look up as well as Bale, which was a bit more subtle because of scene lighting and such.
So, if you change the mechanics of the head and neck, you just go down and change everything else accordingly.

Per-Anders
04-26-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't think he was referring to the head (which was actually changed in the first Nolan film so that Bale could move around more), but to the additional decoration and design, it's movement away from the utility/army tech suit repurposed for the hero towards the fetish/cosplay of the previous series of films (where it gradually became more and more of a camp joke).

deli-rium
04-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't think he was referring to the head (which was actually changed in the first Nolan film so that Bale could move around more), but to the additional decoration and design, it's movement away from the utility/army tech suit repurposed for the hero towards the fetish/cosplay of the previous series of films (where it gradually became more and more of a camp joke).

I wasn't implying that. I am saying that there wasn't any point in changing the head leaving the rest the old way. Let's thing storywise for a sec. The first suit was a adaptation of an existing kevlar armour. The reasonable follow-up would be a dedicated one. Lets take army for example. They keep changing load outs and armour, weapons etc. That would be a logic behind it.
Now, the truth is as some old rock stars point it out once:"You need better show every new year, bigger explosions, bigger stage, louder speakers and so on and on".
Hollywood at its best.

switchblade327
04-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Uhh...what happened to Batman's costume? Now it looks all engraved and embossed.

It looks like a typical overly-normal mapped, next gen game character!

Michael5188
04-27-2008, 02:41 AM
It looks like a typical overly-normal mapped, next gen game character!

No kidding, isn't this what the guys in Gears of War wore?

flipnap
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
im not entirely sure this poster is real.. but if it is theyre sure looking for trouble.. why would anyone create an image that so closely resembles the silhouette of a plane that flew into a building and is now on fire when there are so many other thousands of cool possible designs.. doesnt make much sense to me. cant see the executives pushing this through and risking their multimillion dollar project on bad publicity..

just my 2cents

CGTalk Moderation
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.