PDA

View Full Version : Hancock new extended trailer

vfx
04-24-2008, 12:00 PM
The more I see of this the better it looks... I like the idea of a burnt out super hero too - a little different.

The visual effects are looking good too - some look a little inconsistent, perhaps they are incomplete i.e. when he falls through all the construction stuff at the end.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/04/24/new-hancock-extended-trailer-actually-looks-good/

P_T
04-24-2008, 02:12 PM
I like it, the story is promising. Like you said, it's different. Will is also originally a comedian so this could potentially be really funny... unless they already shown all the best bits in the trailer. Look forward to it in the theater.

Pyke
04-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I loved the first trailer....I loved the 1st half of this trailer....right up till the part with the costume.
Im honestly hoping that this doesnt go the way of 'down and out hero rediscovers himself and saves the day.'

I know it will....but there is this little glimmer of hope inside me.....

ColinCohen
04-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I agree with Pyke %100.

Regardless, it has huge hit written all over it.

Digital Masta
04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
I like it, the story is promising. Like you said, it's different. Will is also originally a comedian so this could potentially be really funny... unless they already shown all the best bits in the trailer. Look forward to it in the theater.

Originally a rapper who happened to get his acting start in a sitcom, he was never really comedian although he's funny.

Geta-Ve
04-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Slick! I am definitely there! Though I agree with the duds. While they aren't overly cheesy the one aspect of the flick that drew me in (same thing with other similar anti hero things) is that he didn't look all spiffy and shit.

Ah well. Will Smith rocks. :P

Equinoxx
04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
looks awesome.

I LOVE the gruffy attitude in the beginning ...

P_T
04-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally a rapper who happened to get his acting start in a sitcom, he was never really comedian although he's funny.Yes I know that, I just think he's known more for his Fresh Prince of Bell Air TV sitcom than his Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff duo. Heck, I only know 2 of his rap, the Man in Black theme and his older Boom Shake The Room!.

I think his early hollywood blockbuster roles were all comedy too, that's why I always think of him as a comedian first. And now he's going back to his root.

tuna
04-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Im honestly hoping that this doesnt go the way of 'down and out hero rediscovers himself and saves the day.'

I know it will....but there is this little glimmer of hope inside me.....

I thought it was funny when he did "rediscover" himself and became the extreme opposite of a reckless drunk superhero: an overly PC superhero who has to waste time asking for permission to touch people in life or death situations :D

ivanisavich
04-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Actually pretty good looking....finally a superhero movie in which (based on trailers, at least) I'm intrigued to learn more about the main hero.

I agree with Pyke...that it will suck if it turns into a semi-bad guy turned nice helpful guy movie....but I have my hopes up!

Ilive
04-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Will Smith rocks. He is one of the few and only people to conquer all medias.

He has gone platinum. Starred in 7 consecutive blockbusters and had a hit TV show for several years.

I think Will is cool and brings character to any movie he is in.

This movie looks fun and exciting. I can't wait for this one!

SheepFactory
04-24-2008, 07:23 PM
This movie looks so awesome. :D

This summer is the best movie summer ever with Ironman, Indiana Jones, Batman and Hancock.

KOKE
04-24-2008, 09:07 PM
I like the idea, it looks like fun, but for my taste it was all great until he got the costume, at that point you could predict pretty much most of the story.

I will go to watch it anyway.

JK.

:D

DeVangiel
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I agree with Sheep, this summer is gonna rock!!!:buttrock::buttrock:

I think the underlying tone of Hancock will be similar to the opening scene in The Incredibles, in that being soooooo Politically Correct and sue happy as a people will eventually lead to our own destruction......okay maybe not that serious but you get the picture....

I've really liked all of Will's movies, with I Am Legend being one of his best performances yet, it really seems like he's coming into his own as an actor. I am very excited to see his character as Hancock.

Does anyone know who is doing the special effects for Hancock?

SheepFactory
04-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know who is doing the special effects for Hancock?

Imageworks is doing some (all?) of it.

Signal2Noise
04-25-2008, 04:27 AM
Wow! I never even heard of this movie until the trailer premiered during American Idol (I know, I know) last night. Looks good. Is this based on a novel or comic book or something?

jason-slab
04-25-2008, 09:22 AM
hey this movie looks great, i can't wait to see it!

jason

watermage
04-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Me likey. I like to give most movies the benefit of the doubt and this one seems to be no exception to that rule.

Plus its got a title that is sure to be the source of many a joke for a while to come. :D

webhead
04-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Yes, judging from the trailers, this movie looks like a fun time. I would be somewhat surprised if Hancock ends up reverting to the same gruff character in the end that he seems to be in the beginning of the movie, as some people here are hoping he does. Usually, the hero/anti-hero's character arc has him learning to become a better, more likable person by the end of the film. Also, he doesn't really seem all that happy as a hero at first, so unless the ending is a bummer, I would assume he has a change of attitude by the end. Either way, I'm eager to see where this "anti-superhero" story premise leads.

DaddyMack
04-27-2008, 07:38 AM
thanks for the headsup, never heard of this until now... Will def go and see

Greg80Schutzer
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
This looks great!

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2008, 09:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.