PDA

View Full Version : My Showreel

Mishiza
04-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Hiya guys and gals,

I just finished doing Teaserwork at Starvault and got some fresh new scenes to add to my Showreel. It's a bit big filesize-vise but bare with me becuase it's worth it (I think).
Tell me what you think!

http://www.no-life.se/movies/showreelCurrent.mov

or if you hate *.mov containers

http://www.no-life.se/movies/showreelCurrent.avi

PowderMonkey
04-25-2008, 06:05 AM
dead links, 404's all round
:shrug:

Mishiza
04-25-2008, 06:39 AM
Well thats embaressing! My webpage is down for some reason, will come back when I have some info!

Thanks for the 411

Loolarge
04-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Seems to be working for me now.

Mishiza
04-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Gah! My stupid provider, shuts on and off....

Well nice to see it working anyhow.. So how was it?

PowderMonkey
04-25-2008, 07:09 AM
i think i'd like to see more of the anubis character moving around. if it's a modeling reel then the stuff at the end is relevant, but if your prime focus is animation, then you don't really need it as much. it just feels a little bit like a filler at the moment, as almost half of the reel is dedicated to the model of that one character. put him through his paces!

showing off your animation skills doesn't mean that you have to show how well you can rig a character, unless that's what you're aiming for (in which case i'd say there's too much animation in your reel)

looking good, but.
:beer:

Mishiza
04-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Hehe Your probably Right on the dedication part, how ever it is an Animation/Rigging showreel. So there is about a fifty/fifty there, I however tried to show only some of the parts for the Anubis not all of it.

I thank you for your critique, it was most welcomed.

Phredrek
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Mishiza,

I'd get rid of the first bit at the beginning of your reel, I dunno what it is, that circle thing on the grey background? just start it with your name on black is fine.

The dice that fall is nice, but I'd cut a few frames at the end of it, it holds for too long. Actually I'd start with the gaming bits right away, much stronger than the dice i think. I'd get rid of anubis walking altogether unless you plan on doing some more work on it. seems too floaty. The rigging portion of him is fine to leave in there I think. i would just redo the video because it seems a little bit too long (like half your reel), you play around with features too much. I'd say do it up again and this time don't play around with the viewports as much (working in the workspace is different than trying to show it off). So just zoom in once, move something, pan, move something, make everything clear instead of pan/zoom/pan back/rotate then move something. The first portion is fine, but then you have some camera movements for nothing. It might take you quite a few tries to get it right but it'll be worth it in the end.

keep at it! good luck!

Mishiza
04-29-2008, 07:24 PM
thanks for the Critique! Yeah the liquid name is kinda a waste, was just using it to time in the music, Should I still remove it?Yeah I where thinking about replacing Anubis with something else I'm working on right now, how ever I also plan to use it to do someother stuff. But yeah I will revise that part closely!
Your right on the Rigging part it's abit too shaky and unfocused, i wasn't really aiming to do anyting in perticular, will retry that part also!

Thanks for the Critique again!

Phredrek
04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
ya remove the liquid.

good luck and enjoy doing the changes!

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.