PDA

View Full Version : Exporting UVs to 3ds Max

pfistar
04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
...exporting UVs from Modo to 3dsMax
Can anyone kindly walk me through this process??

I've UV-ed my model in Modo and export it as .obj format. I import into 3dsMax but somehow the UV map does not import (even though OBJ dialog's 'importUV' check box is checked.)

In 3dsMax, I apply a material to it with a diffuse bitmap, but it doesn't follow the coordinates of my original model, so i conclude that the UVmap failed to import.

So I apply a UVWUnwrap modifier in 3dmax, and i have the option to 'Load' a .uvw file. How can I get Modo to export a .uvw file??

any help is good!
cheers
NikPfistar

Kanga
06-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Hey strange I just got the same thing. I do all my uvs in modo but then export the .obj to zbrush and export the model from there for max. Tried direct to max from modo and got a missing uv coordinates error!

I am curious about this one myself.

Chris

Kanga
06-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Just ran a uv check on said model in zbrush and the uvs are there. Exported the mesh from zb out of curiosity and it came into max perfectly with everything lined up.

More people have had a problem with this and one of the key things is to ensure you only have one uv map in modo, the one you will be using, all things on one layer and if you use subdivision you have to freeze the mesh (whatever that means) . Even with this my mesh didnt show the uvs directly out of modo in max 2080.

pd
07-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Make sure to select the UV map to export from the list view, when exporting.

CGTalk Moderation
07-09-2008, 10:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.