PDA

View Full Version : some newbie questions

dragontoad
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
hi there!

i'm just playing around with the mudbox trial and really love it!

now, my father uses softimage xsi for his company and i looked over his shoulder as he used the program since the early nineties (back then on an irix workstation).

the whole point is: when i read about the suggested working method for "animation and rigging" friendly character creation in mudbox, i always read, that you first should model a low poly model of your character, import it into mudbox, refine it and export it back to your 3d app. but i like the modeling in mudbox so much that i wonder, if it is also possible, to model in mb from the ground up, import to xsi or whatever and somehow get the topology straight for animation. which workflow do you prefer? also: what's the whole thing about uv mapping and the problems, that it brings. (on every mudbox forum, i saw at least two threads about uv mapping :curious:).

and: when i model a low poly version first, how "low poly" can it be?

i hope my english is somewhat readable...

thanks a lot!

regards

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.