PDA

View Full Version : network licensing for CS3

tecton3d
04-22-2008, 05:26 PM
ok, I finally convinced my IT guy and my bosses to invest in a few copies of CS3 for our office. He did so on the condition (as per the Adobe salesperson) that it could be a floating network license since only a few of us would need to be using it at a time and didn't need to buy a dozen copies. now, we're trying to set up the networking thing and adobe support is saying that it can't be done or that they've never heard of it and keep bouncing us around in circles over the phone.

so my question is: can Adobe CS3 be networked?

BoBoZoBo
04-22-2008, 06:31 PM
As far as I know, there are no network licence options for Adobe CS3 products. Only individual or site.

Did you get the salespersons name?

tecton3d
04-22-2008, 07:01 PM
As far as I know, there are no network licence options for Adobe CS3 products. Only individual or site.

Did you get the salespersons name?
what are you referring to as a "site" license?

I did not since it was our IT guy that spoke with her. Once we find out who it was, they're getting a bloody earful.

thanks

BoBoZoBo
04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
A site licence is a broad scope licence that give you the right to install as many instances of the software as you need on your business site/location, regardless of how many computers you have.

it is generally not cost effective unless you need MANY copies, such as our agency which has over 300 people who need Adobe CS3.

The Adobe reps are ususally very good about this, surprising they mis-informed you.
This may give you a BIT more info on Adobe licenses (http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/).

I know they ARE working on a web-based photoshop. I think currently they have a Photoshop Elements which IS available for use on line.

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.