PDA

View Full Version : Forensic Style Animation

Joel Hooks
04-20-2002, 07:30 AM
Hi, I was hoping to get some feedback on this movie. It's a litigation support piece that I did at work. I am the entire animation department, so it was all done solo by me. Except for the deer model, I bought that because viewpoint is pretty cheap :)

Anyway, the areas I'd like to improve upon are environment and composition. The explosion at the end is effective, but sub-par. Any hints?

http://www.lowdowndigital.com/movies/leer.mov

Thanks for looking!

http://www.lowdowndigital.com/movies/prev_leer.jpg
Thought I'd add a preview. The movie is like 4mb.

Taoizm
04-20-2002, 12:48 PM
since it's for a litigation piece they normally don't get too detailed. (they just want to see what happend, and not spend time making it pretty.) :) So, anyway...... my biggest crit are the deer. I'd have a tighter establishing shot of them. Logically I know they're big, but in this they look more like bunny rabbits on a road. The scale just feels off.

Joel Hooks
04-20-2002, 02:04 PM
"since it's for a litigation piece they normally don't get too detailed. (they just want to see what happend, and not spend time making it pretty.) "

I actually get to spend a bit of time making them pretty. The animations in general don't make it to court. In fact the majority of judges won't even look at animation.

It's funny, my brother saw it tonight and said "poor bunnies" so I think you are dead on there. The animation of the deer is pretty dodgy, and the viewpoint model actually kinda sucks for animation. In fact, I think the hopping is very rabbit like too. My character animation skills are weak :)

It's an actual case that settled in December. It was Jerry Jones' (Dallas Cowboy Owner) Leer that crashed last year. Had to cut the animation short because it settled before I was done :(

seethemd
04-20-2002, 05:18 PM
lowdown : oh wow, you have the ultimate job. i saw some court animation a few years ago, it was a murder scene, and none of the 3d characters were animated, they just floated thru three d rooms. the creepiest thing id ever seen in my whole life.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.