PDA

View Full Version : Mia Portal Light in XSI ?

Dimitree
04-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Hello :)
I am learning XSI and i have some questions about the Sun Sky setup.
So far i have added the Sky shader to the environment pass, connected the Sun shader to the default lights photon and surface nods.
I click dragged the common parameters in the two shaders multiplier, haze, red blue shift, saturation and connected them.

My question is, is this the correct way to setup sun/sky shaders, and is there a Mia Portal Light shader for XSI ?

Thank you in advance !
PS. any way i can introduce IBI in this setup ?

IZZE
04-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Physical sky and sun work best with FG. Also add a Simple Tone Mapping lens shader to the camera, and adjust the gamma down a bit.

As far as my searching went the last few months, I could not find a portal light for XSI.

C

ctrl.studio
04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
a portal light is a light shader. once converted the mi declaration to a spdl simply attach it to your light in the render tree.

max

mr-doOo
04-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Have a look on xsibase, most of mia and mip shaders has been converted.

wurp
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
i think that the portal lightshader needs the latest version of MR, and that's not in xsi, you might be able to get it to work but when i tried those SPDLs in xsi i got a lot of crashes..

Dimitree
04-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Unfortunatly i was unable to find the Portal Light shader at xsibase mr-doOo
I also don't know how to use SPDLs :)
I hope i can learn as much as i can until the trial period ends but shader converting is not in my goals list.
If someone is kind enough to convert it then please help out and do so :)
If not, well no biggie ...

mr-doOo
04-24-2008, 12:57 AM
here it is:
http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=33345

yayas
04-24-2008, 03:57 AM
Those portal light works in Mr 3.5 with architectural.dll from Max/Maya and a little hack. Most of them work, at least many users say so, but got an error with Bump - Rounded Corner. If you only need portal light, I can tell you that I have tested it and it works.

You need to install thoese SPDL as usual with plugins manager.

But if I'm forced to offer you a suggestion, I would suggest you to wait for the next release of XSI.

Dimitree
04-24-2008, 07:18 AM
Thank you very much ! :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2008, 07:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.