PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe movie - First pics

shy-guy
04-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Well... im not sure what to think about these. I was really into G.I. Joe when i was a kid, and i still have some of the action figures. So, i will wait for this for the nostalgia factor.

Although im not a fanboy or anything,some of these images look kinda of cheesy but, i know i know... these are just a sneak peak. In fact, i canīt really remember with clarity the look of most of the characters in the series (except for a few, like duke,cobra,destro, snake eyes) so i canīt tell how accurate the character design its so far.

Anyway,here you go:

http://seat42fmovies.com/?p=464

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/552248/gi-joe/images/gi-joe-20080321110447755.html

http://i28.tinypic.com/oi54ja.jpg

Pyke
04-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Ninjas, Military uniforms...whats not to like?
I always think these posed studio shots look like cosplay picutures. The first spiderman images released looked like...well..a guy in a spiderman costume posing in a studio.
I think they will look alot less 'plastic' when shown in context.

That said, why does female body armour always have to enhance a womans assets? In reality, any female military uniform is the same as a mans (with the exception of those white formal dress uniforms).

Anyone know the direction they are taking this? (realistic....or is it going to be like the street fighter movie?).

erilaz
04-22-2008, 07:54 AM
That said, why does female body armour always have to enhance a womans assets? In reality, any female military uniform is the same as a mans (with the exception of those white formal dress uniforms).

I like how you said "In reality" in a thread referring to a G.I. Joe movie. :D

I tend to agree with you on that part, but the day Hollywood decides to tastefully dress a "sassy" female actor is the day we see the apocalypse.

cbamber85
04-22-2008, 08:29 AM
or is it going to be like the street fighter movie?

Yes. Although if the baddie has magnetic boots, I'm happy.

R10k
04-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Snake Eyes = awesum ;)

stage-gr
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
HA!
nice to see everyone getting their outfits made by Baroness' stylist:p

DuttyFoot
04-22-2008, 01:19 PM
man i have always been a huge gijoe fan, snake eyes was my favorite character.

Venkman
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
man i have always been a huge gijoe fan, snake eyes was my favorite character.

And you can't ask for anyone better than Ray Park to play him! Doug Jones may be a better actor, but Ray Park has the whole "I'm an actual ninja" thing going for him. :)

DeVangiel
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Starring Vin Diesel as Destro:D

Seriously though, I would say "I hope they do the old series justice", but not having seen the old series in about 20 years.... let's just hope it isn't like the street fighter movie.

oh, and Kurt Russell as Duke

LadyEvey
04-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I am very excited to see this Movie. I think the cast is great. We will have to wait and see as far as how they interpret the Original. But all in all should be a great time at the movies.

cosmonaut
04-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Snake-eyes looks awesome, but man, what the hell did they do to scarlett? Are they going all x-men and putting EVERYONE in black leather/armor? I really hope they don't ruin this, G.I. Joe (along with star wars) was my childhood. Some of the casting is really good (Ray Park) and some of it downright sucks (Marlon Wayans???). Oh, and Christopher Eccleston is playing Destro ... really curious what he's going to look like ... I mean, the guy's head is metal ...

Sil3
04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Is it going to be like the Cartoons where theres Explosions, Shoothings and Destruction everywhere but no one EVER dies?? if so Ill pass :D

Venkman
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
some of it downright sucks (Marlon Wayans???).

He can be a pretty good actor when working with a capable director. He was good in Requiem for a Dream. Hopefully he doesn't play it over the top.

heavyness
04-22-2008, 03:08 PM
i hope they go over the top with this one... a more tongue in cheek approach... almost comical. if that is the case, it will be one fun movie.

if they take a serious approach to it, i don't think they have the right actors/visuals for it.

aaraaf
04-22-2008, 03:11 PM
HA!
nice to see everyone getting their outfits made by Baroness' stylist:p

I am really sad to say that that's the funniest thing I've read in a while... not sad that it's funny, sad that I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Maybe they're going for a Sigma Six kind of thing?

It's GIJoe. As long as someone yells, "Yo Joe!" and Snake Eyes never utters a word and Cobra Commander ends up failing by his own folly, I don't need much else.

Plus, Larry Hama's is involved!

cosmonaut
04-22-2008, 03:30 PM
It's too bad Chris Latta is dead (the voice of Cobra Commander from the cartoon). CC just won't be the same without his high pitched whiny voce.

rheece
04-22-2008, 04:13 PM
I really liked G.I Joe as a kid, had a good number of the figures. But I'm sorry to say, why did they even bother with this? Hollywood must be struggling. You just know the reviews are gonna be south.

Venkman
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
i hope they go over the top with this one... a more tongue in cheek approach... almost comical. if that is the case, it will be one fun movie.

if they take a serious approach to it, i don't think they have the right actors/visuals for it.

Sure, I hope the movie is over the top- but OTT for us and OTT for Marlon Wayans are different levels. There is tongue in cheel like The Mummy or Big Trouble in Little China, and then there is "Little Man" and "White Chicks".

Hopefully this is the Marlon Wayans from "The Ladykillers", which was quite funny, if a bit dark and morbid! ;)

Locutus
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Meh, not too sure about this one. I'm always up for some old school reinventing, but these preliminary shots look a little lame. I'm not sure that every cartoon we've loved as kids can or even could be turn into a live action movie.
As of yet, I don't sense a coolness factor about this movie to make it anything more than a staight to DVD cheese-fest.

Anyone else notice that Dennis Quiad's poses have him looking like an actual action figure?
http://seat42fmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/dennis-quaid-gi-joe-photo-2.jpg

lebada
04-22-2008, 04:51 PM

in reality no one would pay to see a woman in a man's clothes with nothing to show off. i want me women to be women..:bounce:

Lordiego01
04-22-2008, 05:18 PM
I thought this movie was gonna be fully CG?

I guess I was wrong. Either way, its hard for me to say I'm excited about this movie, since its really GI-JOE by name, with the "same" characters.

FRom what I've read, the GIJOE we grew up watching, and this movie that they are making are nothing alike.

For example, GiJoe are no longer the U.S. Military. They are now some sort of European joint strike operation hulla-ba-habba. Thats like Michael Bay making a Transformers where the Autobots and Decepticons are created in a desolated island in Hawaii by a mad scientist...

Locutus
04-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I thought this movie was gonna be fully CG?

I guess I was wrong. Either way, its hard for me to say I'm excited about this movie, since its really GI-JOE by name, with the "same" characters.

FRom what I've read, the GIJOE we grew up watching, and this movie that they are making are nothing alike.

For example, GiJoe are no longer the U.S. Military. They are now some sort of European joint strike operation hulla-ba-habba. Thats like Michael Bay making a Transformers where the Autobots and Decepticons are created in a desolated island in Hawaii by a mad scientist...
Then we sure can't call them "Real American Heroes" any more.
That figures.:rolleyes:
This movie is gonna blow.

VonMarsch
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
I think Snake Eyes looks good though he needs one more sword and couple uzis :D Rest of the costumes are poorly designed... is that suppose to be stormshadow? :hmm: I hope they put some effort to this movie...

grrinc
04-22-2008, 08:03 PM
Being from the UK, I never really got the whole GI Joe thing although I did hear of it.

So anyway, Dennis Quaid in those pictures. I'm thinking 'old man with a big face'.

Am I wrong?

Pyke
04-23-2008, 07:26 AM
in reality no one would pay to see a woman in a man's clothes with nothing to show off. i want me women to be women..:bounce:

Touche'. :D

I was watching ALIENS on the weekend, and Vasques is freaking bad-ass. Why cant they make more Vasqueses?!?!?!

biliousfrog
04-23-2008, 12:52 PM
OK, maybe things changed a little when GI Joe was imported to the UK and renamed Action Force...why the hell does Storm Shadow look like a boyband member in a Luke Skywalker costume?

I never watched the cartoon but the comics were really good and Snake-eyes / Storm Shadow's back story was awsome. He certainly wouldn't be a kid and I can't see him being particularly stealthy in a bath-robe.

...and where are The Baroness' glasses?...she looked hot in glasses...well, for a comic character/toy.

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2008, 12:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.