PDA

View Full Version : Rooftop Jump

jowens
04-22-2008, 07:21 AM
The latest assignment we were given in our animation class was to do a jump animation. We're using a basic ballman rig (monty).

I have most of the basic animation blocked out. I got some nice feedback in class today, I'll be adding a few elements as well as finishing off the blocking of a few parts (such as when he kicks open the door).

I still need to add lots of anticipation and storytelling as well as trying to show that the character is thinking.

roofjump_montyblocking_09.avi (http://dragonworld.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/roofjump_montyblocking_09.avi)

Phredrek
04-22-2008, 01:40 PM
before you get into the whole what the character is thinking, you should clean up that jump since it's the main part of the animation. You need ALOT more of an arc there, Have him go up, hang then come down really fast. but your teacher should already be pointing that out. and also the character has to go down then up into the jump, needs some anticipation there. So he runs, crouches down, hold for a couple frames then shoots up, hangs then wham! right back down for a nice hard impact on the other rooftop. You'll also have to fix that landing because right now it looks like he just smashes his head on the ground. He's very very stiff when he gets up from the jump.

watch that pop from frame 77 to 78. I'd also loose that 2 second of nothing at the beginning.

Phredrek
04-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Theres alot of potential here to make this a good bit of animation, just keep working on it and post your progress!

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2008, 01:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.