PDA

View Full Version : Gator?

maddav99
04-22-2008, 03:52 AM
Is to possible to transfer just the skin weights from on mesh to another with two different joint systems. I have a completely different joint setup with the same mesh and don't want to take th time to skin both. I've never tried it but was hoping someone with more knowledge then myself would know the pattern and would share it. Thanks.

ThE_JacO
04-22-2008, 11:14 AM
that isn't spatial lookup and transfer (what GATOR does), that's a rig retargeting/remapping.
It's possible and the tool you're after is called MOTOR. Might take you a bit to work it all out but it'd be a good long term plan to learn it.

mr-doOo
04-22-2008, 05:03 PM
You can also use this script:
http://www.softimage.com/xsinet/L04_body/content/animate/rigging/envelope_copy_92/envelope_copy_92.htm
It's working even if you have two differant mesh and two differant rigs.
it will give you an error, just ignore it.

maddav99
04-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the script I'll give it a run, but I am intersted in learning MOTOR because I think that will be more beneficial in the long run. Does anyone know of any good tutorials?

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2008, 06:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.