PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Poster

pica$$0
05-13-2003, 06:20 PM
This was a poster I did for a civil war renactment. Let me know what you think

PS. All done in Photoshop

singularity2006
05-13-2003, 06:30 PM
nice removal of the people without smearing edges ... How did u do it? magic wand tool or lotsa patience with the polygonal lasso?

Overall, composition is excellent, but I think the blurred edges in the top background don't fit well ... I think if u simply exntended them outward completely and faded just the bottom to the bottom half, the whole background would look much more integrated.

pica$$0
05-13-2003, 06:35 PM
Chuck - Thanks for the comments. Lots of patience with the polygonal lasso was how I did that. I like the critique I think I will try that. On the finished piece it has about another 5 inches on the bottom with a quote from Pres Lincoln. I also bought a wax stamp sealer and stamped a red seal after the quote, but I will try to blur only the bottom.

singularity2006
05-13-2003, 08:46 PM
historically speaking, did u know that when the first battle broke out, people thought it would be a one place battle and so people had a picnic on the battle ground side lines? Fascinating isn't it .... sorta like watching CNN today. =D

And did you know that back then, no one was really sure who would win? Today, in retrospect, we have a clear idea through who has the prominence in terms of manufacturing power, but back then, they had no clue ... they had no idea what the other side had.

And in terms of Lincoln, did you know that historically speaking, he would not have emancipated the slaves if he did not need to? From his personal stand point, he could care less - but he did what he needed to do to ensure the victory of north.

bumskee
05-14-2003, 12:16 AM
hey pica and singularity~

great poster, you should post high res.
just one thing though, i thought your poster some what lacked that things which attracts the eye.. your composition is divided into three parts, all of them being pretty much the same size and quite plain, how about shifting the proportion, make the foreground images huge or something.

:beer:
cheers,

pica$$0
05-14-2003, 12:29 AM
Good suggestion bumskee - I will take that in consideration on the next project I do. Thanks again how do I post the high res. since it's over 30,000 bytes?

bumskee
05-14-2003, 12:43 AM
hey pica,
well i think what u do is link it in ur post.
if u upload ur work somewhere, u can use "img" to link it. I never done it but i guess that's how people post huge art works. yeah! so if u dun have web space, try this thread

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49775

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40506
(this one is all about posting large work solution thingie,)

i hope this helped.
:beer:

cheers,

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.