PDA

View Full Version : New TF2 animation "Meet the Scout"

switchblade327
04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't know if this is news or general discussion but I do know that it is awesome:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33023.html

ragdoll
04-21-2008, 11:45 PM
haha you'd be fcukin' dead. they're releasing these way too slow...not worth waiting for but still worth watching. i guess that's all that matters. :p

Phrenzy84
04-22-2008, 12:34 AM
They are all awesome.

My favourite is the heavy weapons guy, that one has amazing animation, great timing... just amazing stuff.

But one question, whats the reason for all these shorts? Is a new version coming out or something. I love them but from a marketing standpoint whats the product they are pushing just team fortress 2? Hope it works i guess.

erilaz
04-22-2008, 01:07 AM
But one question, whats the reason for all these shorts? Is a new version coming out or something. I love them but from a marketing standpoint whats the product they are pushing just team fortress 2? Hope it works i guess.

How about just for fun? Some companies do still know how to have that. :)

It doesn't hurt to advertise a little as well (the single release of TF2 only came out recently). Hell, Coke does it every other month and that product never changes.

Kabab
04-22-2008, 02:40 AM
So awesome!

Valve should do a TF2 based TV serries....

csmallfield
04-22-2008, 02:47 AM
They are all awesome.

Based on the end of movie it looks like it just came out in Europe a couple of days ago, so I think that's the reason they are advertising some more.

-Space

switchblade327
04-22-2008, 03:05 AM
So awesome!

Valve should do a TF2 based TV serries....

Ha! Valve rocks at pretty much everything... except punctuality. We'd get an episode a year at best.

How about just for fun? Some companies do still know how to have that. :)

I think that's absolutely it; it's investing in their fan base. The first three were great promotional tools and the community begged for more. I can't think of a better use of any animator downtime they have up there at Valve then this.

TF2 maybe have just come out in Europe as a single purchase but they've had access to Orange Box as long as we have. Besides, anyone who buys TF2 and not Orange Box is cheating themselves.

benytone
04-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Brutal Games make kids/humans violent, stupid and sick...:drool:

bardur
04-22-2008, 10:13 AM
These shorts are so amazingly sweet :D i damn loveŽem.. :bounce:

switchblade327
04-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Brutal Games make kids/humans violent, stupid and sick...:drool:

And Wile E Coyote made me drop pianos on people's heads.

RockinAkin
04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
F*ckin sweet. :buttrock:

BigJay
04-22-2008, 05:19 PM
And Wile E Coyote made me drop pianos on people's heads.

lets not forget the anvils... lol

Sonk
04-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Ha! Valve rocks at pretty much everything... except punctuality. We'd get an episode a year at best.

I guess no GoldRush this week then? :(

DimitrisLiatsos
04-22-2008, 10:26 PM
F*ckin sweet. :buttrock:

err...i have to second that!....:bounce:

heavyness
04-23-2008, 12:05 AM
i love these videos... great timing and animation.

i would love to see a mini-series made from these guys. kinda like an A-Team like show of them just doing what they do. i hope they make shorts for all the characters.

Equinoxx
04-23-2008, 06:43 AM
pretty ace animation ... setting a sort of mood so you just want to play it lol

richcz3
04-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Valve does have a way of taking their sweet time getting things out, but most of the animations have been great. I can't wait to see what they do with the Pyro.

The more I play this game the more I am loving it.

Sonk
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Valve does have a way of taking their sweet time getting things out, but most of the animations have been great. I can't wait to see what they do with the Pyro.

The more I play this game the more I am loving it.

i hear Pyro is a lady...

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.