PDA

View Full Version : Falling floor

eric3dee
05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
I had posted a thread awhile back about creating a falling tile floor. Jozvex wrote me back with agreat suggestion to turn the tiles to rigid bodies and animate a scaling gravity sphere field. I did this during the pre-prod of my project and tested it out with wonderful results. However, now it is time for me to implement the effect and for some reason tho my tiles fall, the do not rotate inwards toward the gravity field like they used to. What am I forgetting? Anybody? Jozvex? Please help soon! Thanks.

wgreenlee1
05-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Intial motion perhaps?

alexx
05-13-2003, 08:14 PM
i guess you should change the center of mass setting in the rigid bodies to change their behaviour..

cheers

alexx

eric3dee
05-13-2003, 09:09 PM
hmm, that didn't seem to fix anything. It's real odd, because I am looking at my old test scene and comparing it to the one I'm currently working on, and I can't find any difference in settings.

alexx
05-13-2003, 09:10 PM
unfortunately alias tends to change dynamics a lot without really telling..

so_hi
05-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Did you maybe have a weak newton field in the original to pull them inward or perhaps a turbulence field to mix them up?

Gravity fields are a even force in a given direction they have no epicenter. Hence the tiles will only fall in the given direction with just a Gravity field.

Hope this helps.

E.

Jozvex
05-15-2003, 03:03 AM
I think I said to also create a Turbulence field with the same spherical volume as the gavity, and to also animate that scaling up... :shrug:

It would be soooo cool though if you could paint mass onto objects though! So that parts of your object could be heavier or lighter.

eric3dee
05-15-2003, 03:32 PM
ok-- that must've been it- thanks much!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.