PDA

View Full Version : Bounciness???

JohnBellas
04-21-2008, 06:34 PM
hello all,

i'm trying to achieve a very simple effect-- an object falls, hits a surface, bounces a few times, then comes to rest.

trouble is, i've tried ncloth,as well as rigid bodies, and my object just... won't... bounce. i've toyed with all the settings, including iterations, my scene scale is default, everything is contained within the grid... and every time the object just hits and lays limp & lifeless. i've got a feeling it's something terribly simple, though i can't imagine what it could be beyond adjusting the BOUNCINESS slider. any thoughts?

FloydBishop
04-21-2008, 06:43 PM
You've also got to have bounce on the object that your falling object collides with. Other fields and forces can alter the bounce as well, including (but not limited to) damping, gravity, and drag.

Try setting up a simple scene to get a feel for the way these work before tyring to adjust your main scene. A sphere and a plane should be enough to get you going in the right direction.

Good luck!

JohnBellas
04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
thanks for the advice floyd.. testing it out with primitives is a good idea, rather than leaping into the full-blown scene.

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.