PDA

View Full Version : help understanding fluid sims

adriand
04-21-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm trying to create a flaming eye effect for creature I have built, but I'm having trouble getting the fluid to "stick" to the emitting surface as it moves about the scene. It appears that the emitter spits out particles into the grid before the surface has moved (so it looks like the eyes are always one frame ahead of the flame).

Furthermore, the flame appears to remain suspended in the container and not move with the emitting geometry (emit from surface).

What can I do to get the flame to follow along? I don't need it to be physically accurate, so I've thought about using a smaller container that moves with the geo. However, I can't think of a way to get the flame to trail in the right direction.

FloydBishop
04-21-2008, 06:44 PM
What can I do to get the flame to follow along? I don't need it to be physically accurate, so I've thought about using a smaller container that moves with the geo. However, I can't think of a way to get the flame to trail in the right direction.

You could use an air field to get the flames to blow in the right direction.

You may need to adjust the settings on the emitter to ensure a proper output of particles.

essencedesign
04-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Is your creature moving very fast in the scene perhaps ? Looks to me like you need more frame steps in your simulation. hard to tell from one image though

Scob
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Is your creature moving very fast in the scene perhaps ? Looks to me like you need more frame steps in your simulation. hard to tell from one image though

I think it s absolutely right ! ^^

Check , when you create your cache , clic on the "square" at the bottom you can oversample your cache (sampling rate) !
And you can "play" with your simulation rate scale , in the attribute of your fluid.

And for the viewport , go to your preference , in timeline , put the "Playback by" to 0.5 or 0.3 .
:)

Hope it helps

++

Jerome

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.