PDA

View Full Version : few questions concerning pflow scripting

redskin106
04-21-2008, 04:01 PM
hi,
i'm trying to have a rather complex object made of different objects sort of disassemble and reassemble again. now i could have used allan mckay fracture script to some extend but the script won't allow me to keep the smoothness of the nurbs objects i'm using during rendertime. i've been playing with bobo's particle motion transfer to scene objects script but i can't seem to be able to get it to work with object or helpers in my case. my plan is to link my objects to individual helpers and somehow use pflow to control the motion of these helpers. another thing i need to sort out is how to go back to my non disassembled object after a certain amount of time. i remember doing a tutorial on the subject a while ago but i can't seem to be able to find it anymore!!!
i would have put a max file to show as example but i'm still trying to get it to work a bit better, hope i wasn't too messy in my explanations. any advice is welcome...

supremepizza
05-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Question: Why use helpers?
It just seems to be a redundant step in an already complex setup.

Grab Rifter and comb through it.

A common mistake to make when new to scripting is not naming your objects correctly.

Don't copy/paste scripts if at all possible. If you do you're getting in over your head. Take the time to learn exactly what you're doing first. You'll thank yourself later when the lightbulb goes on and everything makes sense.

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2008, 05:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.