PDA

View Full Version : Cloth is being affected by rig???

projectxero
04-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Ok I need help
I have a character wth a long cloth skirt with the body as a colision object.
Now the charcter is riged with armor pareted to the rig.
When i simulate the cloth it flops to one side.
But when i delet the rig and clear the cloth cache it simulates fine.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this.

Duncan
04-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Be careful not to do any parenting or binding of your cloth output mesh... this can result in double transformations. The input mesh or the mesh you have before creating the cloth can have any parenting or skinning (one can then use attractToInput mesh to follow this animation) but any history applied to the output cloth mesh will be after dynamics computation and could result in incorrect behavior.

Duncan

projectxero
04-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Ok there in nothing parented to the cloth just the rig.
I even tried importing the character only as an obj then re riged it skind the character and remade the cloth wires and remade the garment. now mind you the only things in the scene are the character mesh, the rig, and the cloth still the cloth acts up till i delet the rig and clear the catch then it works fine.

wich make no since because a rig cant affect the cloth when it wasnt skined to it and i even made the cloth after i skined the new obj character import.

I even tried trashing the maya preferences.

well to make it shot it just needed to be a high poly still so i just made the cloth manualy with the a poly plane, smothing, and the sculpt geomitry tool.

I think if i animate the character i'll just rig a skirt or use blend shapes.

projectxero
04-23-2008, 12:14 AM
oh yeah and thx for the reply

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2008, 12:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.