PDA

View Full Version : Inbox only holds 4 now? And no warning?

Stahlberg
05-13-2003, 09:20 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I just got a message my Inbox was full again - with only 4 messages in it! When did this happen? I remember not so long ago I had much more than that... ok never mind.
What's more annoying is, if that guy decides to not send it a second time I'll never get it.

Why not have the mail system generate a warning message the first time we go over the limit, and only start bouncing the second time? Or automatically delete the oldest message in the Inbox, to make room for the new one.

Equinoxx
05-13-2003, 09:27 AM
have you set youir view pref to "the beginning" ??

by default the pm box only shows pm's that are younger then 45 days.

same goes for the outbox [which is part of the full equasion] ;)

see if that solves it . .

set both to 'the beginning' and see if you still only have 4 pms

lildragon
05-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah I think those messages aren't really accurate. Try emptying your sent and tracking folders. I'll dig thru the admin panel to see if there's anything I can do there.

-lil

Stahlberg
05-14-2003, 03:51 AM
Ok I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure you're right. :) Didn't even know I had an Outbox here, sorry.

edit: yep, that was it, both the Sent and Tracking were full.
So maybe the email that warns people should give a more exact breakdown, instead of just reading "Inbox is full"? I've been (understandably) getting this message a lot lately... :) But I never thought to look for any other 'boxes'...

lildragon
05-14-2003, 12:04 PM
A HA! Ok I'll see if I can edit that text :)

-lild

Kirt
05-16-2003, 05:47 PM
When you send a PM, make sure that the following 2 boxes at the bottom are unchecked.

Save a copy: Also save a copy in the 'Sent Items' folder.
Request Read Receipt: Allows you to check whether your message has been read by the recipient.

They're the silent mailbox killers ... :D
In most cases there is no need to keep sent PMs or track read reciepts. These really should be off by default, IMO.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.