PDA

View Full Version : low poly char - spira (wip)

Ferg
05-13-2003, 07:39 AM
Ahoy CGtalk. I'm a student trying to eventually get into the gaming industry and I just did my *first* low poly game character the other day. I didn't work from concept sketches (was more of a spur-of-the-moment inspiration thing), I just kind of "sketched" her in 3D smax.

She's 1188 polys right now (not tri's), and took me roughly a day to do. I plan on taking her all the way through to finished packaged model + textures + animations, so and comments/crits you guys could give would be great.

anyway, here she is:

http://www.olypen.com/advent/Smiley/temp/girl_bentman.jpg

thanks in advance

-the almighty ferg

the_zed_axis
05-13-2003, 07:45 AM
cant wait 2 c her in action

Ebola0001
05-13-2003, 05:34 PM
to me it looks like she is in a wetsuit/sneaksuit thing. so if that is what you were going for then +10 kudos. my only critique is that her backpack loos off, it looks kinda like a hiking back pack, you would hike in a wetsuit, and you wouldn't take a pack like that swimming. my suggestion is to round / bevel it off some and make it look like part of her breathing aparatus or an equipment pack... how you do that... well its your art... cya thanks

http://www.woodrell.com/joe/pack.jpg

Ferg
05-14-2003, 12:55 AM
I see what you mean. I'll re-work the backpack for the next update :)

thanks for the comments so far :)

rikimountain
05-14-2003, 11:14 AM
she looks niiiiiicceeee!!! really cool til now... should be more the sexy warrior or just a stealth fighter or so?
could it be that the legs are not long enough compared with her upper body??

Ferg
05-15-2003, 05:31 AM
yah riki, I was kind of thinking the same thing. The proportions in her lower torso / waist / thigh area seem a bit off to me, but I can't quite put my finger on it well enough to fix it. Anyone else have a suggestion about this?

thanks

-fergcon2k3

rikimountain
05-15-2003, 12:25 PM
just try to move the butt a bit higher!?
so the legs get longer automatically...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.