PDA

View Full Version : Messiah 3.0 Install issue (Vista 64bit)

thomey
04-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Hi,

I followed the instructions PMG gave to download and install the newest version but get an error when I start "ms3_Client_DongleUpdater.exe"

I have followed the provided instructions from PMG:
1. downloaded and installed the HASP driver
2. Download and unpack MS3ClientUpdater.zip
3. Startet ms3_Client_DongleUpdater.exe

The error I get is a small window "HASP no found (-10)"

My System:

Windows Vista 64 Ultimate
Quad Core
4 Gig RAM
(Messiah 2.5 Studio) runs fine
Do you have any hint how to install PMG3 on Vista Ultimate 64 bit?

Cheers,

Thorsten

isobarxx
04-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi, it's my understanding you still need to run the updater on a 32bit PC. I don't suppose you've got another one in the house? I had to do the same thing. The dongle updater wouldn't run on my 64bit XP.

stooch
04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
is there any improvement on this issue? I paid for my copy of messiah upgrade months ago and still havent used it because I dont have access to a windows xp installation in order to update my dongle software for use in vista.

thomey
04-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Thank you. Good hint, I installed the HASP driver on a win XP 32 bit and did run ms3_Client_DongleUpdater.exe to generate the "request key".

I receive quickly an response from PMG and "installed" on the win32 system the key.

The main installation of PMG3 (64bit) on Windows Vista 64bit was done without any issues then.

Starting is due to the incompatibility of "ms3_Client_DongleUpdater.exe" with Vista 64 a little bit complicated, however it works with the work around on a Windows XP 32 bit system.

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2008, 10:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.