PDA

View Full Version : ribbons

sputmik
04-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey, im trying to create a ribbon effect in which a long plane acts as a ribbon and waves in a constant loop as if been blown by the wind. Iv tried non linear deformers but they are too hard to control if i want the ribbon to move in a different way and breakout of the loop. What would be the best way to achieve the effect?

any help would be great

cheers

KamiNoNamida
07-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey,
The only things I can think of are:
- dynamics
- skinning

If the basic deformers aren't adapted to what you want, the only way (to my knowledge) to get a looped animation is to animate it by hand, with a simple curve-based skinning.

You could also do it easily with ncloth, but chances are bad for getting a looped anim.
The advantage is you can combine it with the previously mentionned skinning so you get more control over the whole thing.

But I must say it's not very clear what you are precisely trying to do (the whole breakout of the loop thing). If you can explain a little more what you're aiming for, maybe there are others/siépler solutions.

Hope that helps anyway...

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2008, 12:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.