PDA

View Full Version : placing image in mask

Sefiroth
04-17-2008, 10:57 AM
My question is a small one. I would like to know how to place a selection (or an existing image)in a mask.

All kind of tips and tricks to do so are welcome. I succeed in doing it, but cut and paste would be easy in a mask, not?

greetz,

Stijn

leigh
04-17-2008, 11:51 PM
If I recall correctly, you click Shift+Apple/Ctrl+V instead or regular Apple/Ctrl+V. It's basically the Paste Into command, instead of Paste.

Sefiroth
04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
I tried with Shift+CTRL+V but he creates a new layer with a non-linked blank mask instead of pasting it in a mask. Unless I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks anyway,

Stijn

BoBoZoBo
04-18-2008, 09:01 PM
I think I know what you are looking for.

2 layers: 1 your mask, 1 the image you want to mask
You mask can be nearly anything, but works best with a shape or black/white mask.

1) Place the image you want to mask on a layer above the mask
2) In the layers pallet, while holding down “option” place your cursor on the line in between layers and click.

You should see the cursor turn into an icon that shows 2 circles intersecting, when this happens click with your mouse and the top layer should have an arrow pointing to the mask layer below it. Now you can move the image and mask independently of each other, lock it when your ready if needed.

Hope that was what you were looking for.

Dusan
04-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Alt+LeftClick the layer mask in the layers palette to view the layer mask (not the layer itself).
Then you can paste (Ctrl+V) directly into the mask.
When you're done, Alt+LeftClick the layer mask again to return to the standard viewing mode.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2008, 08:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.