PDA

View Full Version : Multipass Question/XSI vs C4d

Pjot
04-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Greetings.

Im about to "upgrade" to XSI, since animation in C4d to me is a truly painful experience. One thing i really like in C4d though is the possibility to render every assigned light in a single pass, not only beauty/reflection/depth/other passes. Can it be done in XSI as well?

Thanks a lot,
Pjot

mocaw
04-17-2008, 03:09 AM
You can seperate just about anything into a pass in XSI. Now weather you'll like how it handles passes is a mater of personal taste. I like it...but have heard complaints.

What part of the light pass do you want? Just its diffuse contrabution on a certian object?

Have you downloaded and tried the 30day trial version yet? Once you read up on passes and spend a few days with it you might have a better idea as to what XSI does in this area.

Pjot
04-17-2008, 06:32 AM
hi mocaw, thx for your reply.

yes, i fired up the trial and understand that XSI has a very deep multipasssystem. with c4d i get separate diffuse/shadow/highlight passes for every assigned light, which allows me to tweak each light and its attributes separately in the post, as opposed to handle full beauty/diff/refl/other passes with masks. My question: can XSI output passes on "per light" base? if so: great! ill figure it out.

thx a lot,
pjot

comanche
04-17-2008, 01:07 PM
... My question: can XSI output passes on "per light" base? if so: great! ill figure it out.

Yes, it can. Have a look at light partitions.

Regards,
Andreas

Pjot
04-17-2008, 02:53 PM
thanks. ill check that.

Regards,
Pjot

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2008, 02:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.