PDA

View Full Version : Object rotation restrictions

JeT
05-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Hey everyone,

In 3dstudiomax, is it possible to limit an objects rotation without the use of IK? maybe with expressions or something? I'm not much of a code monkey.

JeT
05-27-2003, 04:12 PM
if only i had a mega speaker or something. does anyone know? surely there must be a way. I just want to limit the rotation so i dont go too extreme and dont get any impossible poses. Exaggeration has its place but i'd like some control over my self while animating yas know.

gaggle
05-28-2003, 09:01 AM
I can't come up with anything to answer you question specifically, but jeez, if you want your object not to rotate past a set amount of degrees, just don't animate it that far? I'm sure you can control yourself enough to not go over a certain amount..

I can see how this isn't helping as such, but unless you have some specific reasons this strikes me as a non-issue.

Also, what you're asking sounds to me like something that would belong in the MAX forum, as it's specific to its feature-set. Just imo.

JeT
05-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Its all the little things that matter :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.