PDA

View Full Version : Media Composer available for games/animation/films etc plus new look website

chrishaighcomposer
04-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey
I'm a digital media music composer and would like to inform any Directors/Animators that in the next few months I'm available to take on indie projects Games or animations needing a tailor written music score. I'm just finishing up work on a project with BBC producer Lizzie Bewick and I'm looking to get stuck into some more cool projects and collaborate with new talented artists. Please contact me if this may interest you now or anytime in the future as I always try to make time to work with talented Directors/Animators.
My new website is now online designed by the amazing talent of Jared Lunt so please feel free to check out the new look at www.cphproductions.co.uk (http://www.cphproductions.co.uk/)
I have quite afew tracks, also there is a video player so you can watch some of the productions I've been involved in.

Thanks for your time
Chris Haigh

rawhed
04-22-2008, 12:19 AM
wow Chris, your music sounds great. Really high quality indeed.

I might get back to you in a week or two...I'm just getting a project up to speed and then we'll see!

Jarredfb
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Talent that makes big boys cry.

rawhed
04-23-2008, 09:26 PM
hey a Durbanite!!! Nice to see someone from my home city on here :)

Pyke
04-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Fantastic stuff!

Im looking for a composer to score my trailer for my UPLIFT entry.

ENTRY LINK (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=236&t=613404&page=1&pp=15)

Please take a look at what I have so far, and if it catches your fancy, send me a PM. ;)

-Chris-

Pyke
05-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Chris got in contact with me after the above post, and I must say-I am so impressed with his work I can hardly contain my excitement.
The score isnt completed-but as soon as it is, I will post the link to the final project here.

This was my first time working with a composer-and I must say that it has been an absolute pleasure. Chris read my mind, and translated the look of the 'film' (trailer at least!) into an absolute audio masterpiece. A pure representation of my visuals, that not only met my expecations, but passed them at 100 MPH!

Chris-THANK YOU! I just hope that my visuals come close to the level of quailty as your music!

chrishaighcomposer
06-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys for the great comments and taking time to check out my website and music.

Chris it has been a great pleasure working with you on the Uplift Trailer your visuals were inspiring. looking forward to working with you again.

Please dont hesitate to contact me if you need tailor written scores for your projects.

Thanks
Chris Haigh

The-Observer
06-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Chris got in contact with me after the above post, and I must say-I am so impressed with his work I can hardly contain my excitement.
The score isnt completed-but as soon as it is, I will post the link to the final project here.

This was my first time working with a composer-and I must say that it has been an absolute pleasure. Chris read my mind, and translated the look of the 'film' (trailer at least!) into an absolute audio masterpiece. A pure representation of my visuals, that not only met my expecations, but passed them at 100 MPH!

Chris-THANK YOU! I just hope that my visuals come close to the level of quailty as your music!

I concur. I asked Chris for help, and he helped me swiftly.
The man delivered a great piece that went beyond all my expectations for a short I created.

He immediately knew what I wanted and created a soundtrack that did more then match it. Like Pyke I couldn't be any happier. It's a composer that I wouldn't want to lose.

Thank you Chris, thank you very much.

chrishaighcomposer
06-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey Davy

Thanks for the very kind comment I really appreciate it and it was great working with you, so thanks for getting in contact.

The deadline was abit close but we got it done my friend.
Looking forward to working with you again

Chris

Pyke
06-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Here is a link to my completed trailer, with Chris's music!

UPLIFT (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=236&t=613404)

mojokdirector
06-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Chris has done an incredible job scoring "Natural Selection 2". I received an update almost every day and he was quick to make changes. He worked closely with me and gave me exactly what I was looking for even when my thoughts were very vague. Not only does his music take my film to a new level but it is so seamlessly integrated that you may not even notice it at times. He was a pleasure to work with and I recommend his services to anyone looking for an incredible score.

The-Observer
06-29-2008, 09:27 PM
And for those that are still hesitating about contacting Chris, watch my film that he scored here (http://www.theobserver.dommel.be/Sideshow_Small.mov) and doubt no more!

chrishaighcomposer
08-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks Davy for your kind comment. Wow I had great feedback thanks to everyone I've worked with over the past few months and thanks for contacting me I look forward to working on your future projects.

Cheers
Chris Haigh

zennatavares
08-26-2008, 01:38 AM
Great work.

I've sent you an email, and contrary to the subject it is not a forward.

Zenna

TimesNewRoman
08-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Chris - I listened through your music and I must say it's pretty good. The one thing I'd say to look into is grabbing the vst Battery by Native Instruments. Check out the demo on their site of what you can do with it and I believe you'll find a LOT of use for the program. I know I do and I don't even do "orchestral" styled work. The only reason I say that is because it sounds a bit like you're using Logic for the composition/mixing and using Ultrabeat or the like for your drums (they sound a bit stock and thin - lacking punch/oomph). I very well may be wrong but a lot of the instruments just sound that way from what I heard (I've been a Logic user for about 4 years now myself).

Keep up the good work though, the only small tiny thing lacking is a touch of engineering work at the post end, your ideas are great and very solid.

chrishaighcomposer
08-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Hey Sean

Thanks for the Comment on my music and for taking the time to listen.
To be honest I'm not really interested in software like battery or any percussion sequencing stuff. I play all the percussion in my tracks live using either live instruments or playing them by hand on an Alesis midi drum pad. My main instrument is percussion and drum kit and I feel using drum sample software takes away the originality. Although saying that if I was to get drum sampling software I would only use Stylus RMX.
I dont use logic either for my composing I use Cubase SX, I'm a big fan of Cubase.

I suppose different people have different opinions on what sounds punchy or crisp in recording production, I must admit it usually sounds pretty good from my studio and I try to test the track on all different qualities of speakers.

Anyway I appreciate you taking the time to listen, maybe you could send me one of your tracks to show me what mine is lacking

Kindest Regards
Chris Haigh

chrishaighcomposer
09-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Hey Zenna got the e-mail thank I'll be in touch
Chris

Great work.

I've sent you an email, and contrary to the subject it is not a forward.

Zenna

chrishaighcomposer
10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey Guys just thought I would post my Latest Demo Reel of some of the projects I've worked on thus far for 2008.

I'm sorry about the watermark that keeps appearing throughout my track but I have recently had my website and music copied by a Chinese Trailer music company trying to sell my music as there own so I feel I will need to watermark most of my tracks from now on. Anyway I really hope this doesnt spoil the listening pleaseure of the Demo and I would love to hear any comments you guys may have

www.cphproductions.co.uk/music/DemoReel2008.mp3 (http://www.cphproductions.co.uk/music/DemoReel2008.mp3)

Thanks for your time

Chris Haigh

chrishaighcomposer
11-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Hey Guys I have just finished my latest track just for fun, It's called "Battle of the Shadow Elves" I was inspired by the Fantasy images of Lord of the Rings, World of Warcraft and other titles of that genre. I came across the trailer for the new World Of Warcraft and was amazed by the quality so I went and had a look at the artwork for the game, I love all those fantasy images of beats and elves on vast landscapes.

here's the link http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...songID=7086353 (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=429222&content=songinfo&songID=7086353)

I hope you enjoy it and I would love to know what you think

Thanks for listening Guys

Chris

chrishaighcomposer
05-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Here is a link to the latest Animation film I scored Called "WILD DOGS" created by Cat Hicks. This short animation has been accepted into the SIGGRAPH Animation Festival.

Check out the HD version for better quality sound and picture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn2qepWagbc&feature=channel_page

Enjoy!

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2009, 10:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.