PDA

View Full Version : Has Softbodies (in terms of Cloth) Improved in Messiah v3

Julez4001
04-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Ummm Title says it all.
Is softbodies better than 2.5c

Ulven
04-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Nope, complex collision is still problematic. I think a heavy duty cloth sim (although cool) would take quite a bit of cash and time to make and implement. That said, I believe a guy just finished coding one for blender (after about 3 years of working on it, hence my guess it would take some time & money) so there's a good free alternative there. I think blender takes mdd files so getting there and back shouldn't be too hard either. Otherwise, there are a few tricks that work allright, especially for skirts and other such medium complex collsiions.

TylerAZambori
04-16-2008, 05:12 AM
Nope, complex collision is still problematic. I think a heavy duty cloth sim (although cool) would take quite a bit of cash and time to make and implement. That said, I believe a guy just finished coding one for blender (after about 3 years of working on it, hence my guess it would take some time & money) so there's a good free alternative there. I think blender takes mdd files so getting there and back shouldn't be too hard either. Otherwise, there are a few tricks that work allright, especially for skirts and other such medium complex collsiions.

do you have a link for that?

Ulven
04-16-2008, 08:21 AM
http://www.wxtools.com/ is the development site for it.

Parsec3d
04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
wow!,,finally a cloth that doesn't stretch or looks over smooth..

isn't gnu code open to "learn" or maybe license?

Ulven
04-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I've been thinking about that. But I reckon it's still a sizable investment in time/money. I'd be willing to put forth some of that though, if it seems like a feasable solution.

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2008, 06:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.