PDA

View Full Version : Information about Sheffield University

Imran2006G
04-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Ok, first let me state that i do not intend to ask questions which have been answered in previous posts concerning schools. I have read through the other numerous posts and know what i will be dealing with.

I just want to ask if there is any alumni here from Sheffield Hallam University in Sheffield UK. I just intend to know the reputation of the said univ and the faculty. The admissions deadline is in june 08 and i intend to join the september session for BA game design. I am not new to 3d as I have been working arch viz for 3 years now and I am quite comfortable with my work. I just want to get a degree in game design. And obviously i want to know about how the place is with regard to living.

Any help in this regard will be appreciated...

EDIT : I will be an international student, take account of that

Imran2006G
04-17-2008, 09:25 AM
hmmm, nobody from sheffield here in the whole of cgsociety??? :sad:

blurgh
04-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi,
Im not sure.. but I dont think sheffield uni is very well known for its game course... doesnt mean its not good though..

Imran2006G
04-17-2008, 10:49 AM
thanks for your reply darken-r.

still looking out for more information specifically from any alumni who would have attended the course...

nickmarshallvfx
04-17-2008, 12:46 PM
I wasn't aware that Sheffield Hallam had a game deisgn course. I live in Huddersfield about half an hour away from Sheffield, but i moved to Middlesbrough for my vfx course. Sheffield certainly isn't known for its game design courses, but as previous poster said, that doesn't mean its not good, it might just be a new course or something.

Nick

DrZenith
05-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi Imran,

I've just finished a Multimedia Design degree at Sheffield Hallam University last week. The games design course is new as of last year. I haven't spoken to anyone on the course but I know that SHU has recently spent s**t loads of money on 2 brand new computer labs with some sweet computers, all with widescreen TFT 22" monitors. They use Max and Rhino I think.

SHU is a pretty cool university, and Sheffield is a good city with an enourmous student population.

Hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2008, 08:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.