PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my cylinder?

UMG
04-15-2008, 12:22 AM
So I click on the cylinder too, hold down ctrl and drag. I get a big empty box and when I let go of the mouse, nothing... wtf?

This is probably related to the earilier issue I was having wher the tube tool would just create control points instead of any actual curve.

ViCoX
04-15-2008, 05:30 PM
I think I had something similar in the past. It seamed to do that only when item mode was on, try it with other selection modes. : )

csprance
04-18-2008, 07:41 PM
make sure you have a mesh object that you are creating the cylinder into just press n and try it again.

Chris

UMG
04-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Im not sure I understand what you mean by creating the cylindinder into the mesh object..

Azryth
05-04-2008, 06:56 AM
I was having the same problem when i started out a few days ago. What csprance is talking about can be seen in the "items" tab in the upper-right part of your screen. you should see the name of the scene in bold black(untitled* usually if you just opened it). underneath that you SHOULD see something called "mesh" along with 'camera" and "directional light". If you dont see mesh then press c and it will make one, then just hilight it and you should be able to create your cylinder.

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2008, 06:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.