PDA

View Full Version : My Six, Zlatko Kuvendziski (3D)

Alienz
04-14-2008, 10:58 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/323589/323589_1208210308_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/323589/323589_1208210308_large.jpg)

Title: My Six
Name: Zlatko Kuvendziski
Software: Maya, mental ray

This is my BMW 6 done with box modelling. I've been building it for about two weeks (mapping and experimenting with the mental ray shaders included)
I'm not entirely new in 3D modeling, I've done several tutorials in 3Ds max and Maya, but this is my first project that I've done entirely myself. I know this is the big leagues and I'd appreciate if you leave any kind of comment.
Modelled in Maya and rendered with Mental ray

koolnits
04-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Good modeling and rendering,though the reflections seems to be l'll confusing :shrug:

PetterAi
04-15-2008, 08:14 AM
good work!! but i think there is little strange on the back color

Alienz
04-15-2008, 10:51 AM
though the reflections seems to be l'll confusing :shrug:

The reflections seem confusing because for the HDRI map I didn't used standard map with landscape, instead it was with large black and white areas, like in a room with large area lights, like neon lights.

but i think there is little strange on the back color

If you mean about the flakes, that is because for the color I used mi_car_paint_phenomenon, a mental ray shader in Maya, that has that option to give the shader a metalic paint looking finish. I know the flakes may be a bit huge, but I was experimenting:)

Thanx for the comments!

rexzou
04-15-2008, 10:54 AM
good work...
but i have some advice for you.
1. about the back, i find any angle on the Exhaust pipe. i dont know this is a one type of pipe or not.
2. about the wheel. you can add the break. i think as a supercar the break is very important, that's so big and nice. and break is, maybe, much difficult in the car model....
3. the engine cover, i think the relfection is too much. this material is about "Carbon Fiber", that material is the lower-relfection one.

i like the tire, that's so nice.
have a good time,good luck man

Alienz
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
1. about the back, i find any angle on the Exhaust pipe. i dont know this is a one type of pipe or not.

I can't really understand the question. Do you mind rephrasing it?

2. about the wheel. you can add the break. i think as a supercar the break is very important, that's so big and nice. and break is, maybe, much difficult in the car model....

I have the brake caliper, you can see it in the front pic (little) :)

3. the engine cover, i think the relfection is too much. this material is about "Carbon Fiber", that material is the lower-relfection one.

The carbon material itself has a low specularity and reflection, but I put another shader on top to give it a varnished look. But I think you're right

thanx

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.