PDA

View Full Version : Wire Parameters - Two Way Connection?

Guibou
04-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Using 3DS Max 9

Hi everyone, I'm using wire parameters to rig the fingers of my character. So i have Shapes controlling my finger bones and i have a "Main Hand Shape" that uses the Pen Attribute Holder, that holds sliders and spinners for each fingers.

I would like to be able to control my fingers directly with their individual Shapes but also use the Spinners and Sliders if i ever feel like it :P

The system works but i don't have any keyframes on my "Main Hand Shape". I've also had crashes sometimes. I read in the User Reference of 3dsMax that the Master option is not suppose to change anything.

If anyone has an idea on how to solve this problem it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, i'll just instance my shape controllers to variable in the "Main Hand Shape" Pen Attribute holder and use to save and load my hand poses. Thanks :D

PEN
04-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Look around on this site and you will see others have had the same problems, looks like there is a bug in there some where that is causing two way wire to have problems.

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2008, 04:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.