PDA

View Full Version : After Effects plug-ins in Photoshop?

klingspor
05-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Hi,

this may seem like an odd request, but does anyone know of a way to make After Effects plug-ins work in Photoshop?

They have some great effects (Trapcode, Lenscare etc.) there, but since I don't have AE (and don't plan to get it just for still images), I'm just wondering if this is possible... surely there's a converter-plugin of some sort?

Thanks for any hints!

Stefan

singularity2006
05-27-2003, 02:45 AM
i would try copying the filters plugins from one program to the other .... that might do it.

klingspor
05-27-2003, 06:22 PM
Tried that: Photoshop expects .8bf plugins, while After Effects' are .aex ...

Anyway there should be some kind of convertor, but I've pretty much given up hope - looks like I'll have to find another way to produce the effect I'm looking for :thumbsdow

singularity2006
05-27-2003, 07:19 PM
lol, try the old school DOS method and rename the extension. =D Anyh0w, as many have said, ur probably better off using ur own skillz to make the effect u want. =)

dg
05-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Hi,

Open your psd file as a comp in AE apply the fx and save a frame in the AE renderer, this is a workaround that may solve some of your problems.
The plugins for AE does not work in PS for various reasons, one of them is that AE plugins use AE default gui to assemble the plugins config panel, since PS uses individual gui for each plugin it's almost impossible to do without rewrite the plugin source code, besides when you apply an effect in AE they aren't baked as in PS so there are a lot of reason that makes this kinda impossible, but nothing can hold you to keep trying.

I hope that helps,
See Ya! :thumbsup:

klingspor
05-30-2003, 06:58 PM
@diogo girondi: thanks for your tip, but the main issue is that I just don't have AE and don't plan on buying it only for some special FX... anyway, I've found that I can simulate the effect I'm looking for in PS, so my problem is solved :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.