PDA

View Full Version : RenderPal V2 released

brainspoon
04-14-2008, 09:16 AM
We at Shoran Software are proud to announce the release of RenderPal V2, the next installment of our
professional Render Management System.

RenderPal V2 incorporates numerous new features and improvements, which were mainly based on
comments and suggestions from our users. With large, high-end render farms in mind, we rewrote many
parts of RenderPal to guarantee a stable workflow at all times.

Beside the improved reliability, managing and maintaining large render farms with ease is a key
requirement of any solid Render Management System. New features like the automatic update
deployment, the Remote Controller (which supersedes the Job Submitter), and the ability to remotely
configure clients make RenderPal V2 more comfortable than ever.

Another important aspect of RenderPal V2 are its flexibility and extensibility. Net job events allow
you to execute programs, system commands or even Python scripts on various events that occur during
the lifetime of a net job. Custom renderers are easier to create now, and together with our Python
support, it is even possible to create script based custom renderers.

The monitoring capabilities of RenderPal V2 have also been greatly improved. More information is
visible to the end user, and the new net job chunk list allows for a detailed overview and control
of a net job and its various parts. As often requested by our users, it is now also possible to
remotely view events and output from any client. To cope with the large amount of pools, clients and
net jobs found in a render farm, we integrated view filters into RenderPal V2, which allow for
showing only items that match certain user-defined criteria.

But this is not all. To support private users and small startup companies, we are now also offering
a 3 nodes license for free. Yes, it is entirely free, and everyone can get one by simply registering
on our website at http://www.renderpal.com.

For more details, screenshots and a free 30-days trial version, visit our website at:
http://www.renderpal.com

Buexe
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Awesome! I really like working with Renderpal and look forward to check out the new version! Cheers!

leuey
04-14-2008, 05:38 PM
RenderPal has been good to me over the years and I plan on dl'ing this week and installing on my new xserves.

I'm going to be bugging you guys about Modo support - just a warning : )

-Greg

brainspoon
04-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Well as long as Modo has a command line support do not hesitate to contact us. :thumbsup:

Nearly any command line renderer could be added. In this version we have a real nice gui for the users to do it themselves.

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2008, 07:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.