PDA

View Full Version : Dunewalkers Dailies - Join in!

DuneWalker
04-14-2008, 12:01 AM
I am starting this thread because the other threads have been dead for months and I don't want to fall into obscurity behind pages of old entries. So in an effort to kick start this forum back into activity, I will be running my own daily speed modeling challenge in this thread. Join in if you like, or just look around.

Rules: None.

There are no winners or losers in here, so why have rules? Simply model something in what you consider a short amount of time and post it. Below are some general guidelines, please follow them for the enjoyment of all.

Guidelines:

1. Post how much time you spent on the model. How can we appreciate your speed and skill if we donít know how long it took?

2. Remember that this is a speed challenge, so only post models that you consider ďspeedyĒ. I plan to shoot for about 2 hours each. If something takes 8 hours, but is very complicated and you feel you finished it quickly, then by all means it qualifies. But please donít post long complicated builds here, there are other forums dictated for that.

3. Post a wireframe if you can, because we all are interested in how you put everything together.

4. Please use this space wisely, and try not to clutter it up with trivial posts.

And thatís it! Please join in, the more the merrier.

DuneWalker
04-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Today I did a Patio Heater. The holes along top and bottom were a real nightmare.

Total Time: 1.5 Hours.

---

Tomarrow I will be doing a chair, join in if you like and make your own. Or just make any old thing, what ever you find most interesting.

DuneWalker
04-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Here we have a chair, I am happy how true to refrence this turned out.

Time: 1 Hour 10 minutes.

---

Tomarrow I will try my hand at a character, a kind of hybrid Rabbit/Rat thing. Join in if you like and make your own. Or just make any old thing, what ever you find most interesting.

DuneWalker
04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm not to happy with this, and the topology is a mess. But I hit a good time and was true the refrence at least.

Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes

---

Tomarrow I will try my hand at an environment. Join in if you like and make your own. Or just make any old thing, what ever you find most interesting.

DuneWalker
04-19-2008, 03:39 AM
I think I may have spent another hour just on the lighting setup. Because envoirments are inside out, I couldent use my saved lighting sceme. I also got pushed a day behind, I hope to catch up over the weekend.

Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes

---

Tomarrow I think I will try useing mudbox on something, not sure what yet. Maybe a Roman Vase or something. Something simple and fun. Anyone up for some sculpting?

---

Edit:
In the middle of a hardware SNAFU, had to send my laptop out for repairs. I've lost a lot of momentum, but hopefully will resume as soon as I can.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2008, 03:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.