PDA

View Full Version : xsi essentails extended demo offer.

cresshead
04-13-2008, 11:06 PM
xsi ess demo extended licence

i'm following their instruction but it doesn't work...

and the support email bounced back...

anyone have a single clue to what's they have done writing in their instructions for the extended demo of xsi essentials for use on the cgtalk competition?

i'd say a vid would sort it out...see it...do it..done it...how hard can it be?

here's their NON working instructions

Once you have installed the software, your system has a 30 day temporary license. To extend this license until 16th June 2008, please follow these instructions:

1. Start the License Manager (click Start > All Programs > Softimage Products > License Manager)

2. Click Get License

3. Click Assign License

4. Enter your softimage.com user name and password (see above)

5. Click Update

6. Under Unassigned Licenses, click the check box to select a license

7. Click Assign

8. When you have assigned all your licenses, click Done.

If you have any questions during the licensing process, please contact our licensing support team at license@softimage.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/license@softimage.com)

also their email doesn'rt work either...is there a support email address i can use?

cresshead
04-13-2008, 11:12 PM
there WAS a licence..i ticked it and i STILL had 30day demo on rebooting...
went back and now i have NO licences listed....

what the HECK!

i'd say trying to get people interested in their software...and i already have xsi 4 foundation commercial on a old pc ...well they need to have much more clear instructions...than just a text file...like screen grabs to MAKE sure you following their steps

i'm thinking that this instruction text file is wrong and or missing steps as i've already read over on the blender forums that some users have had a similar experience in that it's STUCK at 30days.

oglu
04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
There is a known problem with the XSI title bar...when you have a Trial license installed, then the title bar always shows "Expires in XX days", even if you also have another, longer-term license installed and you are running the other license.

To see what license you are using
- Start the License Manager
- click Server > Query License Server and then click Run Query
- Look at the "used" column

The problem goes away when the Trial license expires.

original thread here...
http://community.softimage.com/showthread.php?t=872

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.